I'm finally running Linux! I was able to install Ubuntu!

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score

I'm over 1k of work done. Where are you guys at these days?

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Sometimes when I want to free up my processor I'll click Exit Manager and the pop up says, "Shut down tasks when exiting"
I check that box and click Ok, but when I startup the manager next time it doesn't start those tasks or successfully connect to localhost.
I get the error, "Manager unexpectedly shut down 3 times in the past few minutes."

Anyone know the commands to get the tasks started again? Right now I've been rebooting my laptop to get the tasks back up and running.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi AAL, I never shut down the tasks if I'm exiting I just leave everything running. And in World Community Grid Boinc Manager under the Activity tab I have "Run Always", "Use GPU Always" and "Network Activity Always Available" all ticked. This means any time you come onto your PC it will automatically start the running of the Tasks. I find it easier this way. :)

Not sure why you're not showing up in the Stats if you ran a task under The PCReview team. :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure why you're not showing up in the Stats if you ran a task under The PCReview team. :confused:

I was wondering that too, as I thought you'd be on the stats by now @Abraham Andres Luna. I've noticed that the WCG based stats show an "anonymous" member, which I've not noticed before - I think this may be you:

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/...Id=3CJW57FQP1&pageNum=1&numRecordsPerPage=250

I did some digging and if you'd like to appear on the PCR stats thread, you'd need to disable the anonymous username. I think it's done via this page:

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewDataSharing.action

Just click the "Display my data" button and save your preferences :).

Ask a Question