I'm finally running Linux! I was able to install Ubuntu!

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
After all these years, after lots of trial and error, I'm finally running Ubuntu on a machine designed for Windows.
Are ya proud of me? :cheers:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I acquired a PC with Linux on it several months ago. It took a while to get used to it after umpteen years of Windows but I'm just about there now.

However, I still go up to top right when I want to leave a page and then have to switch across to top left. :D No doubt that will come eventually.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Well I had multiple tabs of Firefox open alongside Visual Studio and also Thunderbird, yet I was only using 78% of my RAM. Man this feels good, on Windows it would have been breaking 90% and then the whole system would start to lag :wall:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
After all these years, after lots of trial and error, I'm finally running Ubuntu on a machine designed for Windows.
Are ya proud of me? :cheers:

Nah. You get points for becoming a penguin. You loose points due to the distro choice. :eek:

Well done, making the leap from Windows to installing a penguin is almost as important as that first step on the moon. Now that you have dipped your toe into the alternative operating system world why not give MINT or MX-18 a try. :thumb:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
@Abarbarian I tried to install a different distro and the instructions I followed didn't work. I was able to burn the ISO to my thumb drive, but when I tried to boot to it, it wasn't recognized.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Maybe this is the time to think about doing some crunching on World Community Grid. :nod:

Completed a few tasks for the World Community Grid!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok, go into My Contribution > My Team > Find a Team.

In the Contains box type in The PCReview Crew II (that's two capital Is) and click Search. This should bring up Team Name: The PCReview Crew II ( in blue ). Click on that and it will bring up Team Information and in Team Control Panel there is a clickable box marked Join. Click that and you're in. :nod:

Ask a Question