IE page title, any way to turn off??

Miles

I was wondering if there was a way not to display the page title of
web page within IE 6. I am not talking about the "-Microsoft Internet
Explorer", but the actual title part which would be ""Yahoo!" or
"ESPN" and so on. Is this even possible. I would like to have the
blue bar be completely empty if possible. Thanks!

mac

Miles said:
I was wondering if there was a way not to display the page title of
web page within IE 6. I am not talking about the "-Microsoft Internet
Explorer", but the actual title part which would be ""Yahoo!" or
"ESPN" and so on. Is this even possible. I would like to have the
blue bar be completely empty if possible. Thanks!

To remove all Internet Explorer branding, follow these steps:
1. Click Start.
2. Click Run.
3. Type

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear (copy/paste it in.)

and then click OK.

4. Restart Internet Explorer.

Jason

Mac,

Wondering if this command clears ALL title bar entries or
just the "- Microsoft Internet Explorer" branding? I
would like to get rid of the "- Microsoft Internet
Explorer" tag but ensure the other title bar text remains
i.e. when I visit a site, I still want the title bar to
reflect the page I'm visiting but without the "-
Microsoft Internet Explorer" tag in the title bar. (I
already know browser I'm using... don't need to be
constantly reminded/annoyed by the excessive text. ; ) I
like to keep things clean.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jason
(e-mail address removed)

mac

Jason said:
Mac,

Wondering if this command clears ALL title bar entries or
just the "- Microsoft Internet Explorer" branding? I
would like to get rid of the "- Microsoft Internet
Explorer" tag but ensure the other title bar text remains
i.e. when I visit a site, I still want the title bar to
reflect the page I'm visiting but without the "-
Microsoft Internet Explorer" tag in the title bar. (I
already know browser I'm using... don't need to be
constantly reminded/annoyed by the excessive text. ; ) I
like to keep things clean.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jason
(e-mail address removed)

Not sure that you can do that? In effect it is removing the name of the
software?
for other things you can do, look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/4/97.asp

Jason

Gentlemen, thank you for your help.

We still haven't solved the problem yet though.

The closest from the links provided (EMPHASIS added):

"To Remove a CUSTOM Internet Explorer Window Title
Using Registry Editor, delete the following value in the
registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Main\Window Title

WHEN YOU DELETE THIS VALUE, "Microsoft Internet Explorer"
BECOMES THE DEFAULT WINDOW TITLE."

!

THAT is exactly what I wanted to get rid of. How do I
change THAT? The goal is - not to have ANY default window
title. Maybe I'm a little too anal-retentive,
(perhaps "hyper-productive"), but I just can't stand
having 26 extra characters distracting me in EVERY SINGLE
browser window. (30 if you include spaces!) I LOVE
Internet Explorer, it's the ONLY browser I use. But as
such... I thus do not need to see the branding. I KNOW
WHAT BROWSER I'M USING, Microsoft! Quiet already.

Perhaps if the branding was left justified with the
unique window titles to the right, then it might be a
little quicker through the brain. One would naturally
look to the right for the pertinent information i.e.
browsing site's <TITLE> tag. However, as it stands now,
the design is a little off. (Preference is still for
NOTHING other than the site's title, of course.) No
more "- Microsoft Internet Explorer" text, but definitely
everything else.

On a related topic, the Microsoft Windows logo at far
right is more than enough branding. It has a nice look
and superb brand-recognition without being overly
distracting. In fact, since the launch of IE6, I've felt
the active/waving flag needs to have a bit more contrast
and/or movement to make it easier for the user to know
when there is activity and when there is not. The staus
change is a little TOO subtle. Perhaps having the color
patches rotate or something along those lines. Something
to aid in quick perception, "Ah, yes, the page has
completely loaded now." Or, "No it has."

Microsoft... I love ya, and I really hope you're
listening.

As for you guys, thanks again and I'm ready for the next
suggestion. : )

Jason Z

"You don't have to be sick to get better."

H Leboeuf

It may be hard coded in the .exe file.
Did you try to change the string "Microsoft Internet Explorer" to:

" "
or

"" (double quotes but no space.

DVarnau

Jason,
Well aren't WE picky <smile>
Don't delete the Window Title value at
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
Right-click it and modify it. You may have to keep at least one character.
Maybe "-' or "_" or "IE"

Regarding the logo thingy...
google.com > search for internet explorer throbber
If you don't include "internet explorer" you'll get some VERY different
results ;-)

I agree that the waving flag logo in XP is too subtle.

Regards,
Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

Jason said:
[...]

jmwz[at]hotmail.com