Windows XP Icon on Toshiba Desktop - Virgin.net

Reaction score
Hi....anyone

On my Toshiba laptop I have a Virgin.net Icon. It has always been there...ever since I bought the computer a year ago.
I just fancy deleting it as it has no use. Unfortunately I can't do it...it's not even a shortcut. It must be some sort of advertising deal with virgin and the icon is simply stuck on the desktop.
Has anyone any idea how to get rid of it?

Reaction score
The icon is simply a link to the virgin.net website...it just ticks me off...big red useless icon and, im not even with virgin.net.

sounds like a heavy night!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
right click icon > properties and look at the target, where does it point to ?

Reaction score
I have had this problem myself, if you go to program files there is a virgin directory, when you find it if you go inside it there is an uninstall file. If you run that then it will remove that crappy icon from the desktop. I think toshiba have made a lot of bad decisions recently on their new laptop ranges, not only is there this icon that for a basic computer user is very hard to remove. Also the wireless configuration utility is absolutly rubbish. Its just like the new xbox 360 website, to connect to a wireless network you have to draw a line from one object to another, no instructions to do so..... rubbish.

Anyway, i hope you get rid of it, it took me a few minutes to get rid of it _ Ven

Ask a Question