i7 Build

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Linux with my mate Roy? :eek:
That ain't never gonna happen, he still gets confused with Win XP :lol:

Some people, when it comes to computers, honestly haven't a clue, but me friend is getting better. Slowly ;)
Funny enough i always use the excuse Me mate this and me mate that whenever i dont want to admit its really me:p
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
capt zed: Nope, this is really another human being, not I :)

Delivered the machine to him today, have yet to hear how he's getting on with it, I doubt if he'll try it til tommorow morning actually cos the pub was beckoning him when I delivered it ;)

The machine is fast, it's working very well with XP but the real proof would have been some gaming and multi-tasking which I didn't get to try.

V_R mentioned elsewhere there is a Mk 2 version of the Antec 900 case but the case OCUK shipped me was V1.1. Not a biggie but it would have been nice to have got the latest model. I expect OCUK are heavily stocked on Mk1.1 versions of the case, it is very popular after all.

Ok, final pix:

The motherboard taken out of the box:

001.jpg

Closeup of heatsink arrangement:

002.jpg

003.jpg

Rear sockets:

004.jpg

The parts that came with the board, no fewer than six SATA cables, an sli link cable amongst other stuff:

005.jpg

The CPU and the memory go in:

006.jpg

The rear case panel that came with the board is actually padded with foam, I've never seen this before, nice touch:

007.jpg

A bigger area pic showing RAM & CPU in place:

008.jpg

This is the bottom of the stock cooler, for once I was quite impressed:

009.jpg

Cooler in place:

010.jpg

Couple of shots of the finished build, not very good pix I'm afraid, it was quite late and I was somewhat inebriated ;)

011.jpg

012.jpg

So there you go, that's the first i7 build I've ever done and I don't really know how it performs.

Hopefully it's given you an insight if you're considering a build.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nice job mate. That cooler looks pretty capable.
nod.gif

Capt'n Z get XMARKS for FF. ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The rear case panel that came with the board is actually padded with foam, I've never seen this before, nice touch:

That foam you are tlking about looks sort of like heat shield, although I can't see why it would be needed there...Nice looking rig though, nice and spacious..That cooler looks huge...Would be nicce to see how she runs when all is installed....:thumb:

Ask a Question