Windows Vista I Can't turn media player into minimode!

Reaction score
Please help me, i cant turn media player in to mini mode, i read this thing on this forum somewhere where it told me to download something the changes some hkey or something, and ever since that i cant see the toolbar thing under Right Click Taskbar-->toolbars even before it got removed, it wouldnt turn to minimode player! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! I WILL GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
eh, could you be more specific and what you downloaded and where in the forums?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Cookies,

To turn WMP11 into mini-mode, you just need to right click on the taskbar of your desktop, left click on Toolbars and left click on Windows Media Player. WMP will then show two arrow icons at the bottom right. One for compact mode, the other for full screen mode. :thumb:

! Please note: I honestly don't know whether this will work for you now though, because the link you followed was rather old (2003) intended for XP rather than Vista, and therefore an earlier version of WMP. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can advise you how to restore your changes.

Good luck :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
cookies said:
Would anyone be able to help me?? I AM IN NEED OF HELP, I AM REALLY WORRIED!

Man, so am I, so many things to do, so little time...

And on a serious note... sorry, have not a clue :confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
cookies said:
Would anyone be able to help me?? I AM IN NEED OF HELP, I AM REALLY WORRIED!

Cookies, you might want to try System Restore (assuming that you have a restore point on your PC which pre-dates your Registgry changes?) Please read HERE first, where you will find more detailed info.

Reaction score
The right click taskbar > toolbars then click Windows Media Player. Then in Media player just click minimize and it will sit in your taskbar.

Attachments

• wmp.jpg
    wmp.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 317

Ask a Question