I can not maximize my RAM on A7N8X-X mother board.../

Reaction score
Hi everyone...my name is Yudi and I have ASUS A7N8X-X mother board that I use now and just changed the Hard disc with 160 GB. I have 2 GB RAM already installed on it and its working well. It has 3 slots for the RAM and I have checked that this mother board can handle 3 GB max of RAM. Whenever I try to install the third 1 GB RAM in when I start the computer it didn't work. The PC started but it couldn't open the windows and stoped. It says Keyboard is not available.. so I had to take it out and when I started it .. just fine. I would like to install the 3rd RAM to maximize my pc, please if someone could help me with it, I will be thankful. Please help me..
Thank you very much and have a nice day everybody.

Yudi

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Are all three sticks of ram from the same manufacturer ?
Try one old stick and the new stick and see if that works . Try just with the new stick on its own , this will tell you if the ram works . Let us know what happens .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

Thank you for the reply
bowdown.gif
, and the ram stick that I just got is the same type but not the same manufacture. I will try just like you recommend me to do and I will see. Abarbarian, thank you and I wish you have a great day.

Best regards,
happywave.gif

Yudi

Last edited:

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
In my opinion that board works best with two matched sticks in DDR mode and trying to use more is a waste of money.

Assuming you are using XP the 2GB RAM is more than sufficient.

I also found that board to be finicky as all getout when it comes to RAM.

Reaction score
Thanks Spezi,
I think you are right. I think I better leave my PC with 2 GB of RAM. I tried to put my new ram mixed with the original and it was working properly. I think I have no problem with it.
I will take your advice and Thank you very much.
Have a nice day.

Yudi

Ask a Question