I am shocked.

Dan

Jim you are doing great. David can be annoying and already has been mean to
me in the XP General newsgroup. I now consider David Candy a troll until I
am proved wrong by someone else.

: David Candy wrote:
: > I only read XP groups these days. Apologies to non XP groups if this
: > has been handled.
: >
: > Those that know me know I am overwhelmed with grief for the last
: > while (I failed to save a life two saturdays ago). This is someone
: > else's responsibility.
: >
: > But I see no mention of our very long term helper's death in these
: > newsgroups.
: >
: > Get your act together MVPs.
:
: Sorry, David ... did what I could on this end ... In addition to the forum
: thread you mentioned, there is http://aumha.org/alex.htm which links to his
: various (superb) online articles.
:
: And I hadn't heard about your other recent grief. You have my sympathy.
: That's a lot of body slamming in a short time.
:
: --
: Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
: Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
: AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/
: (Alex Nichol, 1935-2005. Friend, mentor, collaborator. Deeply missed
: already. Rest in peace.)
:
:

Dan

Goodbye and GodSpeed to Heaven Above, Alex.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I only read XP groups these days. Apologies to non XP groups if this has been
handled.

Those that know me know I am overwhelmed with grief for the last while (I
failed to save a life two saturdays ago). This is someone else's
responsibility.

But I see no mention of our very long term helper's death in these
newsgroups.

Get your act together MVPs.

Gary S. Terhune

As little as you know about the situation, I respectfully suggest that
you should stay out of this.

Dan

All right Gary but David Candy called me a stupid prick and I did nothing
wrong in the XP general newsgroup.

: As little as you know about the situation, I respectfully suggest that
: you should stay out of this.
:
: --
: Gary S. Terhune
: MS MVP Shell/User
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
: http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
:
: : > Kurt, can you do me a favor and talk some sense into David Candy
: because you
: > are a moderator and David Candy can be really annoying. Thanks in
: advance
: > for the great work over at the XP General newsgroup in keeping trolls
: at Bay.
: > I for one greatly appreciate it.
: >
: message
: > : > : David Candy wrote:
: > : > I only read XP groups these days. Apologies to non XP groups if
: this
: > : > has been handled.
: > : >
: > : > Those that know me know I am overwhelmed with grief for the last
: > : > while (I failed to save a life two saturdays ago). This is someone
: > : > else's responsibility.
: > : >
: > : > But I see no mention of our very long term helper's death in these
: > : > newsgroups.
: > : >
: > : > Get your act together MVPs.
: > :
: > : I just heard the news when I woke up this morning, and read my
: email. I
: > : was about to post the news myself when I saw your post. I was
: shocked
: > : to hear the news of the passing of Alex Nichol. I've only have
: asked
: > : one real tech question in the XP gen group, and it was Alex that
: > : answered it. He put aside his differences with me, and was a total
: > : gentleman about it, and helped me understand the workings of PA
: better,
: > : when most people would have been suspicious of my motives, and think
: I
: > : was setting them up for something.
: > :
: > : He was the best of the best in XP gen, and I both admired and
: respected
: > : him, and I will miss him.
: > :
: > : God has had one hell of a Rock-n-Roll band since the early 70's, but
: now
: > : he's got the best tech support and smoothest running computer system
: > : too!
: > :
: > : Good-bye, Alex!
: > :
: > : --
: > : Kurtis Kirsch
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:

kurttrail

Dan said:
Kurt, can you do me a favor and talk some sense into David Candy
because you are a moderator and David Candy can be really annoying.
Thanks in advance for the great work over at the XP General newsgroup
in keeping trolls at Bay. I for one greatly appreciate it.

The moderator line in my normal sig is just a joke. And David is not a
troll.

I was as surprised as David, that there wasn't any thread about Alex in
our group. We will all mourn, remember, and deal with Alex's passing,
and celebrate his life in our own way. Please understand, and let
people grieve in their own manner. Thanks, Dan.

Gary S. Terhune

Frankly, who cares what you think about David? Even more frankly, if
you'd learn to do a lot more reading and a lot less writing (and
talking) you might actually learn something.

Talk about annoying...

Dan

I understand, Kurt. <weak smile>

: Dan wrote:
[...]

I accept your apology. Thanks for the apology and I hope we can work
together to help Microsoft users in the future. <Shakes Hands> It is a done
deal! :>

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Sorry dan.

Dan

Sorry, Gary. David Candy apologized and we are now on-line friends. I will
try to be less annoying in the future. <weak smile>

: > : > : David Candy wrote:
[...]

heirloom

Although I have never met the man face-to-face, I did have the pleasure of
knowing him from his posts. He was always polite, patient, helpful and,
above all, extremely knowledgeable. We will all miss him and mourn his
passing. My sympathy to his family, peace be with you.
Heirloom, old and saddened

Malke

Dan said:
Goodbye and GodSpeed to Heaven Above, Alex.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I only read XP groups these days. Apologies to non XP groups if this
has been handled.

Those that know me know I am overwhelmed with grief for the last while
(I failed to save a life two saturdays ago). This is someone else's
responsibility.

But I see no mention of our very long term helper's death in these
newsgroups.

Get your act together MVPs.

You know, just because some of us (me for instance) might not have
posted a notice in a newsgroup doesn't mean we aren't grieving about
the loss of Alex. You have my sympathies for your own sorrow.

Malke

Well David, life goes on and everyday we read about a soldier being killed
and yet, except for their families no one even asks how or who they were.
I am sorry for your Internet Buddy, but see no reason for a Hoo-Ruh
I share this site with you http://briankolfage.org/index.html great
people die everyday. Chris Ledoux died yesterday and we need to play his
music all day.
I am not being sarcastic but don't feel we need to turn the HELP boards
into Funeral announcements and Mourning rooms.
Help people as your Internet Buddy would have helped and move on.

kurttrail

Craig said:
Well David, life goes on and everyday we read about a soldier being
killed and yet, except for their families no one even asks how or who
they were.

Tragic, but not pertinent to these groups.
I am sorry for your Internet Buddy, but see no reason for
a Hoo-Ruh I share this site with you
http://briankolfage.org/index.html great people die everyday.

He was a volunteer, wasn't he? And is still alive.
Chris
Ledoux died yesterday and we need to play his music all day.

Who? And no thanks, since I never heard of him before, I don't ever
need to play his music.
I am not being sarcastic but don't feel we need to turn the HELP
boards into Funeral announcements and Mourning rooms.

This is Alex's home on the net, and we'll mourn him, and celebrate him,
how we wish.
Help people as your Internet Buddy would have helped and move on.

Most of us just heard the news today, so give us time.

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

webejammin

Sorry... Your post is in very poor taste and very probably not appreciated,
especially at this time.

"See no reason for a Hoo-Ruh" and then mention someone who died yesterday
who has nothing to do with these Newsgroups *your not being sarcastic* ???

This board actually is the right place for David Candy to have posted as Mr.
Nichol had earned an MVP status... That for being most knowledgeable and
giving freely of his personal time for so many years in these very HELP
boards.

Have a little more sympathy.

TK.

Craig A. said:
Well David, life goes on and everyday we read about a soldier being killed
and yet, except for their families no one even asks how or who they were.
I am sorry for your Internet Buddy, but see no reason for a Hoo-Ruh
I share this site with you http://briankolfage.org/index.html great
people die everyday. Chris Ledoux died yesterday and we need to play his
music all day.
I am not being sarcastic but don't feel we need to turn the HELP boards
into Funeral announcements and Mourning rooms.
Help people as your Internet Buddy would have helped and move on.
(I failed to save a life two saturdays ago). This is someone else's
responsibility.

PCR

His gentle influence will forever remain with us, on the NET & off.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
PCR
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I only read XP groups these days. Apologies to non XP groups if this has
been handled.

Those that know me know I am overwhelmed with grief for the last while
(I failed to save a life two saturdays ago). This is someone else's
responsibility.

But I see no mention of our very long term helper's death in these
newsgroups.

Get your act together MVPs.

Ron Bogart

In
David Candy said:
That's good to know. I can't do anything but some need to step
forward. I still don't see his name (in XP obviously 98 excluded from
my comments - how about adding XP.Gen to the thread over there?).
I've used OE's search searching for his last name for the last 7
hours and have had no hits. I tried to review all posts but realised
quickly that was impossible.

I only have hearsay so can't make it an official annoucment.

I believe a thread at jim's site talks about it
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12206&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Some have told me the announcement was made here (?)

Some of the MVP's have included a link in their sig. Alex will be sorely
missed.

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

Don Burnette

kurttrail said:
I just heard the news when I woke up this morning, and read my email.
I was about to post the news myself when I saw your post. I was
shocked to hear the news of the passing of Alex Nichol. I've only
have asked one real tech question in the XP gen group, and it was
Alex that answered it. He put aside his differences with me, and was
a total gentleman about it, and helped me understand the workings of
PA better, when most people would have been suspicious of my motives,
and think I was setting them up for something.

He was the best of the best in XP gen, and I both admired and
respected him, and I will miss him.

God has had one hell of a Rock-n-Roll band since the early 70's, but
now he's got the best tech support and smoothest running computer
system too!

Good-bye, Alex!

:(

Ditto here...

Nomad

Why don't y'all enroll in an Alternate Dispute Resolution class and give
each other one big hug! Is it really worth all this bickering?