HP Scanjet 4300C Xp Installation Problem...

Reaction score
Hi ....
I have HP Scanjet 4300C Scanner it work fine with 98 but now i have install Windows Xp and download its latest driver for XP from HP Pages. But after installation when i plug the scanner in and reset the window the window starts searching driver for the scanner but cant find in driver folder which i download from HP Pages and not also automatically install the driver. Search many forums and HP Related pages but cant find a good solution that makes my scanner work in Windows Xp.

So if any one help me or guide me ... Tell me the driver link or installation process if i miss sone thing THanks a lot..

Regards
Farrukh

Reaction score
How to get it to work

Real joke...

1) Install SJ657EN.exe (or your language???) into XP. Running it just extracts it to a folder. You must also run the SETUP.EXE after the extract to actually install.

2) Install (i.e just double-click) SJ656mu.exe to fix stupid "can't find scanner" problems when actually running the software.

This is what I had to do to get it running in Win2k3 (no supplied drivers in 2k3).

I assume this is the same problem as in XP...

p.s.
DO NOT have scanner hooked up until told to by the SJ657 software...
To get the files just go to WWW.HP.COM and search on "Scanjet 4300c". EVERYTHING you need is there.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:

Ask a Question