HP Laserjet 1012 Manual Print in Outlook Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've got an HP Laserjet 1012 that for some reason has decided that it will only print using manual feed in Outlook only. Sending a print job from Outlook to the printer causes it to go "offline" and the "attention" light to blink. I have to press either the "Go" button or the "cancel job" button and it will print one page at a time each time I press the button. It ONLY does it in Outlook. Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, anything else prints multiple pages normally, continually.

I've downloaded the latest drivers and installed them. Deleted the printer configuration and reloaded it entirely. Still no change.

It's an inconvenience at best, but just started today and can't find a way to fix it.:blush:

Reaction score
Please help me also! I have the same problem. When I went to your link it shows that as of June the site has been redirected. I have been trying to find the sloution on that site and have been unsuccessful so far. What did you do to fix the problem?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
For problems when trying to print from Microsoft Outlook, check the Outlook settings. If the "Manual Feed" message occurs and the corresponding light flashes when printing from Outlook, you can change Outlook settings to fix the problem. In Outlook, click "File," then "Page Setup." Click "Define Print Styles," then select one of the print styles for the document you are trying to print. Click "Edit," then click "Paper." Click "Paper Source" and change it to something other than "Manual Feed." Click "OK." Close the dialog box, then try to print to see if the problem is fixed.

From: http://www.ehow.com/how_6691324_troubleshoot-hp-laserjet-iiip.html

while i do not remember what was exactly on the link above, i posted the applicable section here in the event that future situations end up like this one. Check it and see if this is the issue causing your problem.

Reaction score
YOU ARE THE MAN!! The solution was simple and I have been dealing with this for months! I paid a guy to look at my computer and he advised me that my printer was bad and I needed to buy a new one. The hp series 1012 and 1010 printers are great and I did not want to part with it.

The printer is working as it should now, Thanks for being there.:thumb:

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question