HP Laptop crashed

Reaction score
HI-I am new to PCReview. I appreciate any help I receive as I am at the end of my rope with my laptop.

I have a ze2000 model HP which crashed. Bought a new hard drive and installed it. Inserted the OS disc and powered it up.I get nothing but a black screen. I powered it down. I have googled many searches...reset the bios so it will boot from the CD. One time it will start to boot from the CD but then hangs up on "loading files kernal debugger dll". If I power it down and try again, it will go back to the black screen. I can't get anywhere with this.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated.
Thanks.

Reaction score
What Operating System is it?
And is it a full version O/S or a recovery CD that came with the Laptop?

Reaction score
IT is windows xp home edition, hard drive we purchased is a 40GB for this model laptop; 44pin ATA Toshiba model...it is the full version of the OS which did come with it; but we also have a recovery CD which is just for drivers and applications. We are to use that after installation of the OS. This is the 2nd har-10d drive we have installed on this computer. The last time was a cinch. I am thinking from all the searching and reading I have done in 8-10hrs that the memory is bad. We are in the works of purchasing new memory. Do you think that will help?
Thanks for responding to this!

Ask a Question