hp 4215v all in one printer wont turn on

Reaction score
hey ppl,

Well the printer was awfully dusty..(worked fine)..I took a damp cloth and wiped it down...took it into the garage and turned the air compressor all the way down and blew the dust out from the inside...i brought it back in and plugged it in.....all i see is a light flashing under the scanner...otherwise it wont power up...no display etc. I have owned it for 2 yrs now...really like it....cant afford to get new one ....also cant find an online service manual for it. Tnx ahead if someone can help.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
charliedone said:
took it into the garage and turned the air compressor all the way down and blew the dust out from the inside....

Does the compressor have an inline filter ? If not the chances are you have blown tiny drops of water into the printer when blowing out the dust.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Charliedone, welcome to PCR :)

I have found an online manual for the HP 4215v here.

Also, there is a Support Page here.

Hope it helps. I'm fond of my HP all-in-one too, but cannot recall encountering that problem. Good luck.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I also think you may have "watered" the printer, unintentionally ... if you have an airing cupboard, not something you see these days, leave it in there for a couple day to dry out, or any suitable warm dry place, it just may help.

I've never been fond of using compressed air in any form to clean out any computer, or computer peripheral ...

:user:

Ask a Question