How to open the Logi MX1000 Mouse

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you own one of these you may have wondered how you get inside the thing if ever the time came you wanted to replace the lithium power pack inside.

Answer's quite simple really, just take out the four screws in the base, there's two under the big label at the front and two under the sticky feet at the rear.

Carefully peel off the label and two feet, take out the screws with a small crosshead screwdriver and it comes apart.

Here's a pic showing the location of the screws:

001.jpg

The reason I took mine apart was it was displaying some odd symptoms, it was as if the left click was oversensitive, one click would perform two or more functions.

No amount of software twiddling helped. I have two of these mice and swapped them between machines, the problem persisted with the suspect mouse.

Sometimes I'd click within an open window and the desktop icon beneath would open the program it was linked to. I thought the mouse was faulty so rather than rma it (it's about 6 - 8 months old) I thought I'd open it up and see if any dirt was causing the problem.

This shows the pcb and the left and right click switches (white on black):

002.jpg

Here you can see the lithium power pack in the top half of the mouse. You'd have to undo two more screws to remove it:

003.jpg

And here's a couple of general views. I'm wondering what the two solid steel bars soldered into the pcb are for. I should know that really ;)

004.jpg

005.jpg

There was surprisingly little dirt inside, but I brushed it out and vacumed around.

Whatever I done, it worked. The mouse is back to normal now.

I stuck the label back on relying on original adhesive, it's stayed on ok. I used a few dabs of superglue for the two feet, just to be sure.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nice pics flopp's...

I haven't got one of these but you've done a real service to anyone that does have one and needs to give it a little clean out...:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is so much more high-tech than inside my mouse ;)

Nice one floppy - I love pulling things to bits (and perhaps even putting them back together, minus a few screws!)

Ask a Question