Logitech MX1000

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I didnt post this in the reveiws cos im not reveiwing it ^_^.

Anyway, got me mouse today, the lovely MX1000. Set it all up how the instructions say, but i just kept getting this weird problem. The mouse cursor would go crazy when i touched the mouse, i mean it would shoot to the top left of the screen and stay there for a while :(.

After trying to get hold of overclockers.co.uk for well over 15 mins, i gave up. I went round the net looking for fix's, 1st place would be the logitech forum, then just googling random words like mx1000 problem, mx1000 prob etc etc. I finally found some forum with a fix!

It turns out the MX1000 doesnt like the USB port for some reason :/ . So i wacked it into the PS2 slot, and hey presto, Reefys a happy bunny.

Attachments

• Next to old mouse.jpg
    Next to old mouse.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 283
  • charging.jpg
    charging.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 344
  • mouse and base.jpg
    mouse and base.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 474

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've had one about a month now, got it from PC World for sixty quid.

Mine works fine on USB.

I found this out when one day my mouse had frozen when I was using it in the PS2 port so I swapped it to USB.

I suspected the motherboard, as I couldn't use the keyboard to navigate the Bios and my keyboard was in the PS2 port.

A couple of days later, all normal functions returned, I'm still puzzling over that one.

Great Gaming mouse, easily as good as any corded mouse I've used :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Very strange, mine froze 3 times and done the crazy cursor dance about 50+ times in the space of 3 hours when it was in USB. In PS2 i havent had 1 crash or 1 crazy dance in 2 hours (fingers crossed, cos i dont wanna send it back :blush:).

Reaction score
logitech are a very trust worth company, i own the Mx510 which is an awesome mouse, one of the best opticles you can get.

Reaction score
My lil chic thing i think is a cheap immitation of the MX logitech cordless optical one...

cant fault it at £11 inc VAT but it does have its occasions where you need to take batteries out and put back in again to make the light go on...

I cant justify spending £50 on a mouse.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I can't justify spending £50 on a mouse.
£60.00 :eek:

You would if you'd tried one ;)

Remember, this meece don't have no LED, it has a little laser.

World's first apparently. Honest, it's good.

I did have to adjust the sensitivity a bit though, I was all over the place in CoD online, it was so sensitive. I had to actually dumb it down a bit.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I dont think i could every use a cheap mouse again after using this MX1000. Its just so much better than a standard optical mouse. The accuracy is amazing, its hard to explain, but if you use it once, even just in paint, you will know where that money went. When you hold it you feel the quality straight the way, it feels solid and sturdy. The buttons just click perfect, even the wheel in the middle is the best ive ever used.

Plus, you say you have to change the batterys, BAAAH! Me n flopps dont ever have to change our batteries, these things charge extremly quick and can last over a month from 1 charge.

Plus there ergonomic, and they do fell nice in your hand. But if your a left hander, it might be uncomfy :p.

Reaction score
Mine is accurate too, the speed setting is on slowest and its still faster than other mice.

I dont have to change the batteries, just take them out and put them back in when the light quites working.

You get what you pay for with a £11 quid mouse, but its a lot for that.

£60 on a device you can get for £2.99, i'd never get one.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
£60 on a device you can get for £2.99, i'd never get one.
That's quite a claim.

Gimme a link to this three quid marvel, I want one ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am afraid I would have to agree with Reef and Flops. I use MX700 at home and now I feel funny using any other mice ;) I even ordered one for my office use.

Chris once you get one of these goodies you will never consider a 3 quid mice. Very reliable precise and fast. If you have never driven a Ferrari you don't know nuffin bout speed :D

Reaction score
and it wouldnt be as good, and stop working in a week, and be a make not very good, and be less precise, mine cost £40, if i had the extra 20 i'd have gone for the one floppy and reef have :)

Reaction score
fair play fair play...

But what i am saying is that i personally would never spend that kind of money on a mouse! Ok, if someone bought me one for christmas then yeah, i expect i would love it! But i couldnt justify spending £60 one something i didnt need when i could get something of more use to me with the same money.

Maybe when they come down to £25 i'll buy one :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
At the time I was interested in the MX 700 they were £60 ... not long to wait and found Amazon selling them for £40, I bought one. Now as it happens the shape is very simular to the old Loggies I was using which is just perfect for me.

Being a Scot, I will wait until the price drops a little, and it will, and then Nettie can have my MX700. :D

I only be using Loggies on my systems, no confusion. :rolleyes: ;)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently bought this mouse as part of the MX5000 package. Does anyone else have the problem of the mouse going to sleep after 30 seconds or so? The next time I move the mouse it takes over half a second to 'wake up' and I can be, in my mind, on the other side of the screen by the time it comes alive. When it does wake-up, it's still in the position it was when it went to sleep. As you can imagine, this ain't good for...err...well, pretty much anything really. I can see this being a battery saving feature but it makes the mouse pretty un-usable in my opinion.

On a separate note, the keyboard is also pretty laggy with a delay just noticeable enough for you to pause typing thinking you haven't pressed the key.

Has anyone else noticed any of these issues?

Cheers,

Neill.

Reaction score
Neillm said:
Hi all,

I've recently bought this mouse as part of the MX5000 package. Does anyone else have the problem of the mouse going to sleep after 30 seconds or so? The next time I move the mouse it takes over half a second to 'wake up' and I can be, in my mind, on the other side of the screen by the time it comes alive. When it does wake-up, it's still in the position it was when it went to sleep. As you can imagine, this ain't good for...err...well, pretty much anything really. I can see this being a battery saving feature but it makes the mouse pretty un-usable in my opinion.

On a separate note, the keyboard is also pretty laggy with a delay just noticeable enough for you to pause typing thinking you haven't pressed the key.

Has anyone else noticed any of these issues?

Cheers,

Neill.

might be your computer Neill..

Ask a Question