How to 'load' 98 Newsgroup on O.E.

maligold

Hi:
my friend has '98 and she wants to have '98' general discussion
here, O.E.

She tried as follows;
Tools < Newsgroup < typed: microsoft.public.windows98 general

The box saying ; 'There is NO such newsgroup.'

How to load/get,,,, '98' Microsoft Newsgroup here, Outlook Express
for 'easy reading?' Also, other older form of Newsgroups, such as 'Me'
even '95' and any other 'older' Microsoft group on Outlook Express, if
they are still existing here, O.E.

PA Bear

Have her click on the following link (or Copy/Paste it into IE Addressbar
and click GO) to open the newsgroup in her default newsreader:

NNTP (newsreader) links to [most] MS Newsgroups
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Don MI

maligold said:
Hi:
my friend has '98 and she wants to have '98' general discussion
here, O.E.

She tried as follows;
Tools < Newsgroup < typed: microsoft.public.windows98 general

The box saying ; 'There is NO such newsgroup.'

How to load/get,,,, '98' Microsoft Newsgroup here, Outlook Express
for 'easy reading?' Also, other older form of Newsgroups, such as 'Me'
even '95' and any other 'older' Microsoft group on Outlook Express, if
they are still existing here, O.E.

Thanks,

Try microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion. When you are logged onto
msnews.microsoft.com in Outlook Express, click on the Newsgroup icon and
type: microsoft.public.win98 in the display box and you will get a list of
others.

Don

Nepatsfan

In said:
Hi:
my friend has '98 and she wants to have '98' general
discussion
here, O.E.

She tried as follows;
Tools < Newsgroup < typed: microsoft.public.windows98 general

The box saying ; 'There is NO such newsgroup.'

How to load/get,,,, '98' Microsoft Newsgroup here, Outlook
Express
for 'easy reading?' Also, other older form of Newsgroups,
such as 'Me'
even '95' and any other 'older' Microsoft group on Outlook
Express, if
they are still existing here, O.E.

Thanks,

Here's a list that your friend might find helpful:

Microsoft Public Newsgroups
http://aumha.org/nntp.php

There's a listing for win98 gen discussion. That may be what
she's looking for. Also, when she clicks on Tools ->
Newsgroups, type win98 to display all the Windows 98 newsgroups
that are available. For ME enter windowsme in the search box.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

maligold

Hi:
Thanks for your response.

I really appreciate it, because she just came to the room and asking me
whether the post went. I thought this post went to the 'Outlook Express
General,' but there was NO mine. Went to different place, XP General.

Either way, since we got the response/answer for this, it doesn't matter.
But, from now on, I must be careful which place I should put a post.

Thanks a lot,

Malke

maligold said:
Hi:
my friend has '98 and she wants to have '98' general discussion
here, O.E.

She tried as follows;
Tools < Newsgroup < typed: microsoft.public.windows98 general

The box saying ; 'There is NO such newsgroup.'

How to load/get,,,, '98' Microsoft Newsgroup here, Outlook Express
for 'easy reading?' Also, other older form of Newsgroups, such as 'Me'
even '95' and any other 'older' Microsoft group on Outlook Express, if
they are still existing here, O.E.

Thanks,

As a guess, your friend was typing the name of the group wrong. She left
out a period between "windows98" and "general". Here is a list of all
the MS newsgroups:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

The server is msnews.microsoft.com and no username/password is required.

Malke

maligold

Hi:
Her computer is a 'dinasour' form of computer. But, it works and runs good
like a new.

Since she does not like to change from 98 to XP, I said it must be VERY
tough to get
any help from XP, ... but luckily there were some of OLD programs existing
here, O.E.

I was VERY surprised for this existence.
But, at the same time, we are REALLY happy to get one.

Nepatsfan

You're welcome.

Nepatsfan
Hi:
Her computer is a 'dinasour' form of computer. But, it works
and runs good
like a new.

Since she does not like to change from 98 to XP, I said it
must be VERY
tough to get
any help from XP, ... but luckily there were some of OLD
programs existing
here, O.E.

I was VERY surprised for this existence.
But, at the same time, we are REALLY happy to get one.

Bobby

PA Bear said:
Have her click on the following link (or Copy/Paste it into IE Addressbar
and click GO) to open the newsgroup in her default newsreader:

Here is an easy question. How do you create that link? (The one above I
mean)?

NNTP (newsreader) links to [most] MS Newsgroups
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Hi:
my friend has '98 and she wants to have '98' general discussion
here, O.E.

She tried as follows;
Tools < Newsgroup < typed: microsoft.public.windows98 general

The box saying ; 'There is NO such newsgroup.'

How to load/get,,,, '98' Microsoft Newsgroup here, Outlook Express
for 'easy reading?' Also, other older form of Newsgroups, such as 'Me'
even '95' and any other 'older' Microsoft group on Outlook Express, if
they are still existing here, O.E.

Michael Stevens

In
Bobby said:
Here is an easy question. How do you create that link? (The one above
I mean)?

You type it.

--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
(e-mail address removed)

DTS-L.org maligold said:
Hi:
my friend has '98 and she wants to have '98' general discussion
here, O.E.

She tried as follows;
Tools < Newsgroup < typed: microsoft.public.windows98 general

The box saying ; 'There is NO such newsgroup.'

How to load/get,,,, '98' Microsoft Newsgroup here, Outlook Express
for 'easy reading?' Also, other older form of Newsgroups, such as
'Me' even '95' and any other 'older' Microsoft group on Outlook
Express, if they are still existing here, O.E.

Bobby

Michael Stevens said:
In

You type it.

Ok. Thought maybe there was a shortcut (cut and paste etc..) Thanks.
--

DTS-L.org maligold wrote:
Hi:
my friend has '98 and she wants to have '98' general discussion
here, O.E.

She tried as follows;
Tools < Newsgroup < typed: microsoft.public.windows98 general

The box saying ; 'There is NO such newsgroup.'

How to load/get,,,, '98' Microsoft Newsgroup here, Outlook Express
for 'easy reading?' Also, other older form of Newsgroups, such as
'Me' even '95' and any other 'older' Microsoft group on Outlook
Express, if they are still existing here, O.E.

Michael Stevens

You can do that too.
But basically it has to be typed or generated from a newsgroup properties to
copy and paste the link. Nothing mysterious about the shortcut. At some
point the text was typed into the data base and maybe it was only typed
once, but it was entered into a data base.

Michael Stevens said:
You can do that too.
But basically it has to be typed or generated from a newsgroup properties
to copy and paste the link. Nothing mysterious about the shortcut. At some
point the text was typed into the data base and maybe it was only typed
once, but it was entered into a data base.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now.
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com

Bobby said:
In Bobby <[email protected]> replied with a ;-)