I have Windows 2000 server and i want to know IP address of client
that connect on my terminal server, in terminal service manager i
cannot see this informations. Please help me to know where i can find
this ip address of client
thank you
Mathieu

G

From the Server, START >>>RUN>>TSADMIN (to open TS Manager
On the left-end side of this window, double-click to expand the concerned TS server, then always on the left-side click the UserName you need to view IP information, and on right-side, click on the "Information" tab to view the details you need
But I'd like to warn you that the Ip address you view in here may not reflect the "real IP address" of the client
The TS server doesn't query the client IP address but it accepts the one presented to it by the client. This is because TS relies on Username/Password/TSCAL ...for authentication. So, if a client is outside your internal network and connecting behind a NAT device, you will see the client private IP address instead of its public IP address.
MS has identtified the issue to be bug in TS but thinks it's not that important to fix it because it has no impact on security (They implemented in TS better security barrier [username/password/CAL...]), plus you cn use better tools to capture IP address traffic to the TS (if you really want to); such tools include the NetMon

Good luck with that

Claud

----- Mathieu Seyer wrote: ----

H
I have Windows 2000 server and i want to know IP address of clien
that connect on my terminal server, in terminal service manager
cannot see this informations. Please help me to know where i can fin
this ip address of clien
thank yo
Mathie

Ask a Question