How to click OK on Norton GoBack after Restore

Reaction score
Hi..

I initiated Norton Go Back on my Windows XP and I now, on start-up, have a dialog box as follows, (but I can't click on the Ok button):

'Norton GoBack 152

Norton GoBack rebooted your computer because the Autoback buffer has bbecome full on disk#1.
Your drives will now be restored back to their state when you enablede the AutoBack feature. OK'

However, there is no mouse pointer on screen that will allow me to click Ok. So, I'm stuck on this screen in start-up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not very tech - the PC is a home entertainment centre, so I'm not very popular at home right now. cheers

Reaction score
Typical Norton

Never heard of it but sounds like the type of thing norton would do.

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

Usually F8 key when computer is booting

If that allows u into safemode. First thing you should do is uninstall Norton GOback and use standard XP restore function instead maybe?

Reaction score
Thx....I've tried F8 ...

And, before posting myself I had read a number of previous posts that frighteningly talked about reloading XP when Norton Go Back stalled and offered a blank screen ..but I just appear to have a frozen Norton screen that says restore went ok, click OK. But I can't do anything.

However, during start-up it very briefly flashes a systems-check screen that whilst listing system diagnostics, offers an option 'Load from CD', before rapidly going to the Norton screen. Maybe that offers some hope. During that brief flash I've been trying:
- F8
- Ctl Alt G
- hit spacebar
- switch computer power on and off

But to no effect. Baffling for me...
Thanks for listening.
Cheers.

Eugene Magowan
dublin

Reaction score
got sorted

..after 3 days and useless 'support' from Symantec, I ended up spending $150 to restore XP using Powersuite.

cheers...

Reaction score
eh.. not sorted actually

I thought Powersuite would work because at least it offered a Reinstall Windows option, but, alas, no.. it just ejects Iso.CD and brings me back to Norton.

Norton's latest suggestiuon is that my wireless keyboatd is the problem, but what can I do about that? there's no connection point on the keyboard and to install another keyboard requires system access.

I may be screwed. Norton now advise that users do not install Norton Ghost and Norton GoBack on the same PC. Pity they didn't advise that back in 2006.

Beware......

Reaction score
no. system is a Home Media Center

... just configured for wireless, so if I attched a keyboard it woould not be recognised. Personally, i think its arather lame excuse by Norton..

Reaction score
Then unplug wireless and plug a standard keyboard into back then. Reboot it will work! Easy!

Reaction score
ok...thx

i don't have another keyboard, but I had full insurance on the unit, so the shop has said to bring it back and they'll try a fixed keyboard. We'll see...

Reaction score
This is why i don,t used norton goback on windows.

If norton goback does crash in you lose all your data.

Norton goback used your harddrive all time backing up.

i know some wireless keyboard do not work on the bios screen and putting windows back on.

This is the reason i do not used wireless keyboard.

Look for a cheap keyboard(about 5 pounds in the uk) if you can or try a freind.

Could try TriplexDread help.

Reaction score
Well i never heard of that sort of problem before .... May be its processing thats y you cant click on ok... i guess..

Ask a Question