How do I get Newsgroups?

I have an unusal problem. In Internet Options > Programs > Newsgroups:
Outlook Express. But I don't have OE, I have Outlook 2007 Beta. In the pull
down menu shows OE only. How do I change this?

DPArnold

Tom Willett

Outlook uses OE for newsgroups. You may wish to ask the experts in the
Outlook Newsgroup for details.

| I have an unusal problem. In Internet Options > Programs > Newsgroups:
| Outlook Express. But I don't have OE, I have Outlook 2007 Beta. In the
pull
| down menu shows OE only. How do I change this?
|
| DPArnold

vernon

DPArnold said:
I have an unusal problem. In Internet Options > Programs > Newsgroups:
Outlook Express. But I don't have OE, I have Outlook 2007 Beta. In the
pull
down menu shows OE only. How do I change this?

DPArnold

What OS do you have?. I don't know of any MS system that does not come with
OE inherent.
BTW, once you have OE working, don't bother going through Outlook.

I presume that you do know there are many other readers, such as Agent and
Thunderbird and BNR2.

Wesley Vogel

You do not need to change it.

Outlook Express is a part of Windows.

Outlook uses Outlook Express as its newsreader.

Differences between Outlook and Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257824

Outlook versus Outlook Express
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011169051033.aspx

Outlook and Outlook Express: Brothers, not twins
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010565781033.aspx

[[Note While it may appear that Outlook 2003 does have newgroup support,
when you launch the newsreader, it actually opens in an Outlook Express
window.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Ken Blake, MVP

DPArnold said:
I have an unusal problem. In Internet Options > Programs >
Newsgroups: Outlook Express. But I don't have OE, I

Yes you do. It's part of IE, and IE is part of Windows. All Windows XP users
have OE.

have Outlook
2007 Beta. In the pull down menu shows OE only. How do I change
this?

There's nothing to change. Outlook doesn't do newsgroup natively, but by
default it uses OE as its new2sreader.