How do I change settings for Remote Assistance. Current setting will not let me send invitation.

Hi
I am trying to use remote assistance on my Pc, but I cannot send an invitation because my current setting will not le do it. When I click invite someont to help, i get a message saying " My current system setting prevent me from sending an invitation ". Can anyone shed any light.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that you are unable to send an invitation for Remote
assistance. The system displays the following message:

"Your current system setting prevent you from sending an invitation"

The error message is displayed either when the remote assistance feature is
disabled through the group policy or remote assistance is not enabled on
the system.

Please find the step by step instructions on how to disable to group policy
setting and how to enable the remote assistance feature on your system, in
the following article.

HOW TO: Configure or Disable Solicited Remote Assistance in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306496

Now you should be able to send remote assistance invitation.

Thank you,

Rashmi

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Q0s=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: How do I change settings for Remote Assistance. Current setting
will not let me send invitation.
| Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:06:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| Hi
I am trying to use remote assistance on my Pc, but I cannot send an
invitation because my current setting will not le do it. When I click
invite someont to help, i get a message saying " My current system setting
prevent me from sending an invitation ". Can anyone shed any light.

Ok

Sorry to be a pain, went to the web page started to follow instructions opened run and typed in gpedit.msc, gave me an error saying it couldn't find the file, what next???

Puzzled on

Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
To solve this is actually very easy.
You need to right click my computer and take properties.
Next you choose the tab remote, and activate remote assistance.

This should solve the issue you're having.
Kind regards,
Kasper