Hibernation

G

I cannot get my system to hibernate.
System: SuperMicro motherboard, P4 2.2GH processor, 512 M RAM, Windows XP Prof., lots of equipment connected, but all working fine. System works fine otherwise.
When I go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Power Options, the "Hibernate" tab is present. But when I click it, check "Enable hibernation", and click "Apply", I get a dialog box headed "Power Policy Manager unable to reserve hibernate file." The message is "Incorrect function."
Has the system lost some file needed for this to work? Or what?

G

I've had no response to my inquiry. Meanwhile, I have probably discovered the answer. I got the Windows XP Resource Kit and there were a few hints there. I'm probably having my trouble because I have some non-APCI compliant devices and device drivers in my computer. These include an old HP LaserJet Series II (a wonderful printer for black and white, after all these years), an HP ScanJet IICX flatbed scanner (also still a good workhorse), and possibly others

I'd appreciate hearing any comments about my analysis

Ask a Question