Automatic Hibernation set but not working

In Power Options, Enable Hibernation is checked (with enough disk space avail.)
APM is enabled.
Power Scheme is set as follows:
Turn off Monitor: after 15 minutes
Turn off Hard Disk: Never
System Hibernate: after 25 minutes

The monitor turns off but the system does not hibernate. I can manually
hibernate at shut down.

To test, I changed the time of the monitor to 30 minutes; hard disk to 3 min;
hibernate to 3 min. Hit "apply" The monitor turned off in 30 minutes -
but that is all.

Would appreciate your suggestions! Thank you.

Emilia said:
In Power Options, Enable Hibernation is checked (with enough disk space avail.)
APM is enabled.
Power Scheme is set as follows:
Turn off Monitor: after 15 minutes
Turn off Hard Disk: Never
System Hibernate: after 25 minutes

The monitor turns off but the system does not hibernate. I can manually
hibernate at shut down.

To test, I changed the time of the monitor to 30 minutes; hard disk to 3 min;
hibernate to 3 min. Hit "apply" The monitor turned off in 30 minutes -
but that is all.

Would appreciate your suggestions! Thank you.

try set the harddisk to turn off before the system hibernates.

Flamer.

I tried as you suggested; the hard disk did not turn off and the system did not
automatically hibernate. The 'turn off monitor' is the only prompt that is
working.
When I look at the preset power schemes, i.e. Max Battery, Turn Off Hard Disk
is set to 'never' with a 'time' set in Turn Off Monitor and System Hibernate.

Still in need of support....thank you!

Michel Merlin

Most Hibernation problems in XP were brought by SP2, only happen
with 1GB or more, and are fixed by hotfix 909095.

Details in the Related Message below, and parent and children
ones. In short, call Microsoft and ask "I want the hotfix of
KB909095"; MS will send you a free 2.5MB file that fixes the
problem

Paris, Thu 17 Aug 2006 15:50:15 +0200

----- Parent Message (links are clickable) -----
From: "Emilia" <[email protected]>
Newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/[email protected]
Sent: Mon 14 Aug 2006 15:26:01 -0700 (22:26:01 GMT)
Subject: Automatic Hibernation set but not working

----- Related Message (links are clickable) -----
From: "Michel Merlin" <[email protected]>