Hibernation file locked

G

H

I've recently had to do a complete reinstall of XP Home and now seem unable to enable Hibernation. When I select it and Apply in Control Panel I get the message 'Power Policy Manager Unable to Reserve the hibernation file - the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'

I cannot see the hiberfil.sys file in the root of the boot drive (yes I have unhidden the system files) so maybe it's just complaining cos it's not there - don't know. Any ideas out there

Cheers all.

G

Hibernation did work for me until I reload XP home edition. I can no longer enable Hibernation. I get a window with the heading "Power Policy Manager unable to reserve hibernate file" The message within that window is "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

It ssems that a few people have encountered this problem. Has anyone found a fix to the problem?

Ask a Question