Help!!!

Reaction score
Hello,

When i go to control panel, click display and go to setting then advanced i get an error:

An exception occured while trying to run "C:/WINDOWS/system32/shell32.dll,Control_RunDll"C:/WINDOWS/system32/desk.cpl",Display"

Last edited:
Reaction score
vladislavs2 said:
When i go to control panel, click display and go to setting then advanced i get an error:

An exception occured while trying to run "C:/WINDOWS/system32/shell32.dll,Control_RunDll"C:/WINDOWS/system32/desk.cpl",Display"

Welcome to the forum.....
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

What OS are you running..? Goto Run, then type desk.cpl and see what happens....HAve you run any anti virus or the lie to see if you have any nasties lurking on yer 'puter..?

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I think you missed my point Mad ;)

Nope I didn't miss it at all...I know how you feel about people saying ello before they start posting..Me on the other hand, well there are far worse issues in life to worry about...I just go ahead and help...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Mad,
What do you mean buy go to run and check for viruses?
where run?

Thanks if you reply

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Mad

I dont know what you mean by go to run and check for viruses
Could u tell me where run is please

Thanks if u reply

Reaction score
vladislavs2 said:
Hey Mad

I dont know what you mean by go to run and check for viruses
Could u tell me where run is please

Thanks if u reply

First off, please don't make multiple threads on the same subject...

OK are you running XP or Vista..?

Reaction score
Hello Mad, I have went to run and typed desk.cpl it came up with the display thing, when i went to setting then clicked advanced it came up with the same error, please reply

Madxgraphics said:
Welcome to the forum.....
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

What OS are you running..? Goto Run, then type desk.cpl and see what happens....HAve you run any anti virus or the lie to see if you have any nasties lurking on yer 'puter..?

Reaction score
RunDLL error

please help me

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It might be worth using the sfc tool to scan your dll files for problems (run sfc /scannow), the tutorial below will show you how to do this in XP and explain how it works :)

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
the scan says:

Files are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL cache.

Insert you windows XP proffesional Service pack 2 CD now

please help

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
vladislavs2 said:
the scan says:

Files are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL cache.

Insert you windows XP proffesional Service pack 2 CD now

please help

That means you need to insert your XP CD in to the machine before you run the scan.

Reaction score
I think he means that you go to Windows start. In the search bar type run and this brings you a window and in the window type in desk.cpl....... Then say hello in the introduction page and then get back to madx and tell him what happened...If you say hello first then nobody will complain.Its in the forum guidelines about saying hello first.
Welcome to PCR
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Hey Mad,

I hope you reply to this:

I have installed all the latest updates and all the latest drivers. I checked for viruses and no. With RegCure it says i've got 705 Dll Errors.
What should i do, please help
I went to run and typed in desk.cpl, then i went to setting then advanced, a shorter error comes up but it still an error.

If someone else knows what to do please tell me.

Thanks.

Ask a Question