Graphics Hardware Acceleration

G

While working out a problem with monitor colors, I slid the sliding control for Graphics Hardware Acceleration to "None" and then clicked "Applied". Now I can't get into the advanced display properties to put it back to full acceleration. I get this error message: An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\System32\desk.cpl",'Display" . Any ideas? Thanks, James

P

Paul Heslop

James said:
While working out a problem with monitor colors, I slid the sliding control for Graphics Hardware Acceleration to "None" and then clicked "Applied". Now I can't get into the advanced display properties to put it back to full acceleration. I get this error message: An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\System32\desk.cpl",'Display" . Any ideas? Thanks, James

you could try doing a system restore to the day before you made the adjustment, see if that corrects it.

Ask a Question