Help me , please....

Reaction score
Hi there,
I posted this on the other discussion board when it sould have been posted here , so i'm sorry for the double post but i'm a newby.

I need your help on how to make a PC to TV connection through HDMI cables.

I just bought a Hitachi 32" LCD TV (with HDMI sockets) , i'm buying a DVD Player/recorder with Surround Sound (with HDMI inputs) and i'm also selling my Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop to buy a powerfull Desktop PC (not sure if the PC will bring HDMI sockets but if not i'll buy an adaptor).

Can i connect everything together and if so what's the best way to do it through HDMI cables ??

Should i connect PC to TV then PC to DVD to TV or PC to DVD to TV ??

What about what cables do i need for all this ??

I'm not very technical minded so need to know this before i buy all the cables.
I've allrady made a mistake with the cables, i bought a scart Oxegen free cable when my mate told me i should buy HDMI cables instead because the the TV was HD ready and for quality picture HDMI cables would be more suitable for my TV.

I just wanna make sure i don't make anymore mistakes.

By the way here's the gear i've got in case you wondering:

LCD TV (Allready bought): http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~HIT-L32H01U.htm#_

DVD Player/Recorder with subwoofer (I'm buying this one or a similar one set): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=300173513911&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

Desktop PC (Buying this one or a similar tower): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORE2QUAD-9-6...goryZ179QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can you guys help, please don't be too technical.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tricky and yes it can be a little confusing my friend

Firstly the DVD player having HDMI will have an HDMI output which you will need a cable for.

Secondly The computer will only have DVI outputs on the card unless the motherboard has HDMI output? Which would mean integrated gfx but it has a card so no worries!"

Your TV has two HDMI inputs so that is not a problem. Your grafix card only has 1 DVI out and 1 15pin RGB socket (D-sub) so to connect to your TV you will need to use the DVI or the S-VHS socket that is also on the card however using the S-VHS you will not recieve the HDMI signal. Th RGB d-sub will have to be used for a monitor and the DVI for the TV of which you will need a DVI to HDMI adaptor. UNLESS you are using the TV as a monitor? In which case you only need to use the DVI and adaptor! Please make sure you buy them the correct way round!

Am I making sense?

So all being well thats two cables you need. However depending on where in conjunction you wish to place the computer the cable to the TV could cost you an awful lot of money. You also have to think about the length of your cable to go to the inputs on the sound system. Most integrated systems connect to the rear of the dvd player and maynot have extra inputs for the audio from the motherboard please take this into account when u buy an integrated DVD/Amp Surround sound kit

Any more questions ask away

Ask a Question