hdmi cable

Reaction score
hi can someone help me out

What ever i do i just can,t get the hdmi cable to work on my bush 26inch tv from argos.

Am using vista and nothing happend

I do get a picture but with green line and it keeps flashing and breaking up .After about 4 second the picture goes off

Even press fn key and f5 to switch and nothing happend

in the past it work fine and even both socket on my tv and laptop are fine

Could the cable be broken or something

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
It is entirely possible that your cable is failing. Have you subjected it to any unreasonable strain? Bends in the cable that are too sharp could cause pinching or internal conductor breakage. If the cable jacket is damaged in any way, that could also affect performance.

I would check to see if your computer resolution is set too high. This sounds stupid at first, but I have seen it first hand. Some smaller TVs cannot handle the high resolution that can be output by these new systems. You may have to tinker with these settings to get it to work properly.

Start>Control Panel>Display>Settings>Screen Resolution

You may also have additional software that controls your display settings. Windows has display options that integrate with various manufacturers. Intel and Nvidia do this. While you can change Windows settings, these additional support software installs can conflict with Windows settings. Try both instances in this case.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The only way to verify the cable isn't the problem is by using an alternative known good HDMI lead and observing the result.

As SHS said lower the res to see if that helps.

And do you have a dedicated HDMI socket out from the computer or are you using a DVI to HDMI converter lead? Both should work but if you do have a dedicated HDMI socket on the computer check any software settings in your graphics setup, you may have to switch from DVI to HDMI.

And this may sound obvious but the 26" TV is an LCD model with an HDMI socket?

The fact it came from Argos, btw, doesn't really give us a clue, make and model would help. Oh, and check the TV's setup menu, you may have missed something there.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bush, incredibly, once made a seriously good piece of Hi-Fi, my mate had one. Quality turntable, it weighed heavy and sounded marvellous. Circa '76. But I think that has been the sum total of their notable achievments ;)

Reaction score
Is this a laptop or a Desktop machine, If it is a desktop do you have 2 DVI out and 1 HDMI port on the Vid Card. if you do make sure that you have one of the two options running 1 DVI and 1 HDMI hooked up at any given time or 1 DVI and the other DVI. The card will not allow for all three to run at the same time if using a single Vid Card. GOOD LUCK

Reaction score
The only way to verify the cable isn't the problem is by using an alternative known good HDMI lead and observing the result.

As SHS said lower the res to see if that helps.

And do you have a dedicated HDMI socket out from the computer or are you using a DVI to HDMI converter lead? Both should work but if you do have a dedicated HDMI socket on the computer check any software settings in your graphics setup, you may have to switch from DVI to HDMI.

And this may sound obvious but the 26" TV is an LCD model with an HDMI socket?

The fact it came from Argos, btw, doesn't really give us a clue, make and model would help. Oh, and check the TV's setup menu, you may have missed something there.

can only find this link http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...19512/c_2/2|14419512|Televisions|14419667.htm

my hdmi socket on the laptop looks fine and the tv one aswell.I have try setting it up in the graphic card and no good.even change the size of the image on the bush tv and nothing.

the picture there but is breaking up and is flashing all the time

Reaction score
Is this a laptop or a Desktop machine, If it is a desktop do you have 2 DVI out and 1 HDMI port on the Vid Card. if you do make sure that you have one of the two options running 1 DVI and 1 HDMI hooked up at any given time or 1 DVI and the other DVI. The card will not allow for all three to run at the same time if using a single Vid Card. GOOD LUCK

it,s a laptop with a hdmi socket

Ask a Question