XBOX 360 + Samsung BW sound issue -

Reaction score
Bought a HDMI to DVI part from Comet, got home, just manage to squeeze the adapter on due to the odd shaping on the Samsung BW.

Load up the XBOX fine and dandy, no sound.

I tried so many different things, in the end i gave up. I used the HDMI Audio Cable, i don't have a specific red/white cables to go into here so this is the first issue, then is the other little black hole it has, nothing fits that.

Anyone help? Really would like to play the xbox on my screen rather then a normal TV.

I went to Hamley's today also and they had a Digital Optical Audio Cable that fitted the socket on the xbox's HDMI cable, however one end would fit but i struggled to see where the other end would go as the same socket type is not on the subwoofer etc.

ARGH!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
DVI dont carry audio. :)

You need to hook up the 360 to a seperate audio device.

Reaction score
Oh really?

Oh that sucks so much!

Don't know if my brother will allow me to borrow his expensive priceless seperate audio crap lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thinking about it, does the 2232BW have speakers? I know i have one sat in front of me now but i dont/wouldn't use them if it did. I'm sure it dont you know. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Samsung doesn't have speakers.

An acceptable 2.1 speaker system can be had for around £25.00

I'm not familiar with the outputs from an X-Box so cannot recommend cable.

Reaction score
Didn't realise you could buy speakers for it.

I'm going to end up with like 7-10 speakers on my desk by the end of this!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Some kind of switching device for your existing speaker system would be good here, I wonder if such a device exists?

Ask a Question