Hauppauge HVR1100 & XBOX 360

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if the hauppauge HVR1100 PCI Tv card would be ok to play a XBOX 360 through the standard yellow jack i have a 22inch samsung lcd and surround sound so it would be better than playing on my old tv

Reaction score
First off Hi and welcome to the forum...

Now to sort out the confusion...Why would you want a TV card for a Desktop PC to play an X-Box through a TV...? Totally lost here mate, you might need to try and explain a little bit better me thinks...:nod:

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply i wanted to know if i can play a xbox 360 by using the jack on my tv card so i can use the 360 on my monitor

Reaction score
I had a little look round and can't seem to find anything..There are a few 360 users on the forum that might be able to answer this for you...

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

What inputs have you got on the monitor???

And what outputs are on the 360???

Could be a simple case of attaching a HDMI to DVI adaptor onto the Monitor then using a HDMI lead from the 360 to the monitor.

Will be easy enought o do.

Reaction score
hi iv got a dvi connection and a anolouge connection on my monitor but its not HD So i dont think a HDMI cable will work unless its backwards compatible

the 360 has a hdmi connection and a s video connection

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah you could but that will NOT do it, thats a splitter whereas you want a switch.

A splitter will take a picture and show it on two monitors, where as you want to use two devices on one monitor.

Will have a lok.

Edit: What is the Max resolution on your monitor?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

You're confusing the issue,

High Definition (HD) is just a slogan for selling stuff, 720p is 1368 x 768 at 60Hz, your monitor does about 1000p.

Doesn't matter if it has HD written allover it or not.

Your monitor can be classed as HD.

Reaction score
ok so the switcher will work with my monitor and the 360 will work ? also will the switcher weaken the dvi signal

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah i see no reason ehy it won't, you need the switcher and the HDMI to DVI cable, it will allow extra interference into the signal but it should be negligable.

So your setup should be;

PC
|
SWITCH ------------------- MONITOR
|
XBOX

Hope this has helped.

Last edited:
Reaction score
can connect my DVI Lead from my monitor to the switcher, i can connect the xbox with a DVI TO HDMI LEAD but i dont know what connects the switcher to the pc ?

what connects the pc to the switch ?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Will be DVI as well?

Do you have a graphics card in the PC???

Or does it run off of the Motherboard?

Ask a Question