HELP!...Explorer caused gen protection fault in module CJSPL6H.DLL

Nancy

Error detail when IE wants to close down and I click on close. This happens
when I try to print a page. The first page printed ok, but then this
started happening
when I wanted to printer another displayed page.
"Internet Explorer caused a general protection fault in module CJSPL6H.DLL
at 0002:000066dc"
Thanks in advance for the help!

Jason Tan

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

Based on my research the issue is likely caused by the CJSPL6H.DLL.
However, I cannot find any information related to CJSPL6H.DLL. I suggest
you find the file CJSPL6H.DLL and check what program it is related to.
Remove the application and verify if the issue can be solved.

If the issue persists please provide me with an error message screenshot.

Taking a screen shot
-------------------

1. Press the Pr Scrn key once on the keyboard when the error message
appears.
2. Click Start, go to Run, enter MSPAINT in the open dialog box, and then
Click OK.
3. Use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot to the canvas.
4. From the File menu, go to Save and save it as a JPG file.
5. Send the JPG file as an attachment to (e-mail address removed)

More information for your reference:

261156 General Protection Fault in Module Gdi.exe Printing from Internet
Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;261156

298098 Error Message: Explorer Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module
Mshtml.dll at 015f:70cbb044
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;298098

235618 General Protection Fault in Module Dibeng.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;235618

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: HELP!...Explorer caused gen protection fault in module
CJSPL6H.DLL
| Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:06:15 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
| Error detail when IE wants to close down and I click on close. This
happens
| when I try to print a page. The first page printed ok, but then this
| started happening
| when I wanted to printer another displayed page.
| "Internet Explorer caused a general protection fault in module CJSPL6H.DLL
| at 0002:000066dc"
| Thanks in advance for the help!

Nancy

I did a search for the file and it's description is a "Canon BJ Metafile
Spooler"
I just bought a new Canon Pixma MP780 (multifunction printer). I can't
remove
the application as I would have no printer.

Why would Canon have a file that would cause this type of problem?
Thanks!

Nancy

P.S.......I did my Spybot and I have Norton Anti-Virus with ZoneAlarm
Firewall.
(If this makes any difference)

Jason Tan

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

At this point, to narrow down the issue I suggest you perform the following
methods and check the issue.

1. Uninstall all the antivirus/firewall applications.

2. Uninstall all the Canon products from the computer.

It the issue persist please test the issue in Safe Mode with Networking.
What is the result?

Safe Mode loads a minimally protected-mode configuration, disabling Windows
device drivers and using the standard VGA display adapter.

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On
a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems,
you can press the F8 key when you see the Boot Menu.
2. In "Windows Advanced Option Menu", use the arrow keys to select Safe
Mode with Networking, and then press ENTER.
3. If you are running other operating systems on the computer, click
Microsoft Windows on the list that is displayed and then press ENTER.

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support