HELP!! Accidentally deleted the wrong profile!! Lost wedding pic

G

Hey everybody,
yes, i did something completely idiotic and now i'm sure i hafta pay for it. i accidentally deleted the wrong user profile on xp and chose to delete all files (DUH!!!). well when i realized i had selected the wrong profile i quickly did a system restore but to no avail. many of my wedding and all of my honeymoon pictures are gonzo! are they hidden in the depths of my system or do i need to start soliciting data recovery companies? PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks in advancE!!

G

:-/

-----Original Message-----
Hey everybody,
yes, i did something completely idiotic and now i'm sure
i hafta pay for it. i accidentally deleted the wrong user
profile on xp and chose to delete all files (DUH!!!).
well when i realized i had selected the wrong profile i
quickly did a system restore but to no avail. many of my
wedding and all of my honeymoon pictures are gonzo! are
they hidden in the depths of my system or do i need to
start soliciting data recovery companies? PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks in advancE!!

T

Tom Porterfield

tats01 said:
Hey everybody,
yes, i did something completely idiotic and now i'm sure i hafta pay for it. i accidentally deleted the wrong user profile on xp and chose to delete all files (DUH!!!). well when i realized i had selected the wrong profile i quickly did a system restore but to no avail. many of my wedding and all of my honeymoon pictures are gonzo! are they hidden in the depths of my system or do i need to start soliciting data recovery companies? PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks in advancE!!

Try restoration.exe available for download at
http://aumha.org/freeware.php#restore.

--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE
http://support.telop.org

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

G

Mr. Porterfield,

You, my friend, are a saviour! :) The restoration program you suggested worked wonders and I was able to restore about 95% of what I had lost. The missing 5% was because I had been a busy boy on my comp since accidentally erasing those files and they were wiped out by the time I posted here for help. Lesson learned, the hard way..as usual. :)

Thanks for your help!
J.

T

Tom Porterfield

tats01 said:
Mr. Porterfield,

You, my friend, are a saviour! :) The restoration program you suggested worked wonders and I was able to restore about 95% of what I had lost. The missing 5% was because I had been a busy boy on my comp since accidentally erasing those files and they were wiped out by the time I posted here for help. Lesson learned, the hard way..as usual. :)

Thanks for your help!

No problem, glad you were able to recover most of the files.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE
http://support.telop.org

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

Ask a Question