Outlook Outlook accidentally Deleted! HELP!!!!

Reaction score
I was trying to clean up some of the unused programs on my wife's computer to see if it would run a little faster, and I accidentally deleted her outlook. I think it must have been part of the microsoft office professional 1997, because I know I deleted that, but I didn't specifically choose to delete outlook.
Anyway, she informed me that she had all of her important contacts in outlook.. Is there any way I can get the contacts back? I tried running a "system restore", but that did not work. I have a newer version of outlook ('07) that I could put on her computer, but does the computer have a copy of her contacts? And if so, how do I put them on the new outlook edition?
I am really praying that someone can help me figure this out, as my wife is quite upset, and I would really like to be able to redeem myself. :)
Thank you for your input!

Reaction score
Hi Rik
Welcome to the forum...
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

You could download Recuva and do a search for the ".pst " file...That will have al contacts etc in there..Then install your newer version of Office..Fingers crossd that should help you..

Reaction score
outlook pst files

outlook pst files are held within the following directory

%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook

the PST files hold all of your contacts as long as you are not using outlook express. To bring the PSt file up to speed with new encoding and formatting you will need to bridge it to 2003/2007 via office 2000.

just find a copy of office 2000 and install it to a new system
copy your pst files to the desktop of the new system
in outlook 200, under file>import, import the old PSt file.

TADA! you are now up to speed.

Reaction score
HAving deleted Outlook there is a probability that the .pst file has also beeen deleted...

Ask a Question