Votes: 22 25.3%
  • No, I don't bother.

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Would like to!

Votes: 20 23.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Raje said:
Hmmm, I don't know where I fit in on this one. My last computer was bought off the shelf cause it was open box and a killer deal. Though Since then I've changed a lot of the computer and even put it in another case.... So I did build it , but i didn't buy all the parts individually.

You're right, if you put all the parts from one case into another then you would have rebuilt a whole computer. :)

Reaction score
I voted yes

I voted yes. But i didnt physically put it together. I done my homeworka nd asked people read up on stuff and finally decided on this, What do ya think? Cost about 27000 baht , around 300 and odd quid. This was with 1000watt speakers aswell. No onitor as i already had one.
PC specs....
Athlon 64/3000 Socket 939
Mainboard with 939 socket with VGA slot
NEO 2
2x 512 Ram(400)
160GB HD (MT).
Geforce Fx 5900 graphics card
Running Xp.

Reaction score
I built my own and it took quite a while.But i got there in the end, no problems since.

Reaction score
Hmmm i built my own also very nice indeed i will never buy a over the shelf only a laptop. :D well good luck and newegg.com was so good with the delivery fastness....

Reaction score
Yes just finished one last night for a friend (got paid aswell :)) hehe

Had the odd problems obviously if you read my threads but all sorted !!!

What a feeling it is finishing one !!! I can't wait to build my own ... just need to sell my current pc !!! lol

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Sell your current one?! didnt you just recently got most of the parts?

Reaction score
Too many to remember exactly. Probably around 30+ if I include work and friends!

I used to like to make my own so I could have the fastest available. The ones I use for my work tend to be Dells which aren't bad but not usually so state of the art. For the first time in a very long time though I haven't got a home brew. Passed my last one on to my brother in law about a year ago.

The thing that makes me feel really old is the fact I got my first PC 22 years ago :eek:

Reaction score
i got my first pc about 10 years ago and it didnt have an on button ... it had an on switch that would light up red and ugly ... i only played hangman on it ... mainly becuz i was about 9 or 10 ... it had quicken and stuff but what did i know about that :blush: ... ill be buildin another pc as soon as i am $1000 strong and this one will be pure games and and stuff ... like an entertainment system with movies and the like ... ill be coming to you guys for sure :thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
thamenace said:
iill be buildin another pc as soon as i am $1000 strong and this one will be pure games and and stuff ... like an entertainment system with movies and the like ... ill be coming to you guys for sure :thumb:

The im sure that you will like this article, read up
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzY5
remeber this is assuming that you have a case and some other stuff

Reaction score
CSUnited14 said:
Hmmm i built my own also very nice indeed i will never buy a over the shelf only a laptop. :D well good luck and newegg.com was so good with the delivery fastness....

Your like Neweggs poster boy... but I have to admit Ive never ordered from any one else yet, They due always deliver on time or 1 day early. And thier prices are hard to beat.

Reaction score
Raje said:
Your like Neweggs poster boy... but I have to admit Ive never ordered from any one else yet, They due always deliver on time or 1 day early. And thier prices are hard to beat.

Grrrr lol Ahh what can you do when you find something you like you want other to like it to :D

Reaction score
Alf said:
Sell your current one?! didnt you just recently got most of the parts?

Yes but sell it now and it will go for more won't it lol :S Well should do then if i wait ...

Don't worry mum wouldn't let me sell it naw anywayz ... :( OH well lol

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Yup, the one I'm typing on right now. It's about 3.5 years old now and is pretty much maxed out except for my video card. Still does what I need it to though so I won't be building a new one for a few more years. I think my wife will want a new one before me anyways...lol

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Have built a few in the past, but the current one if pre-built. Thats how (and why) I developed such a wonderful relationship with the techies at MESH!

And yes, I have read lots of the MESH posts, and whilst I agree they have major problems, I would like to stick up for SOME of the tech guys and girls. They did me a good job in the end, I just had to get past the Customer Service (The joke is in the name!) department.

Ask a Question