Hardware Installation - Invalid Data

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for some help with the following problem please.

I am running Windows XP SP2 and I recently purchased a Fuji Digital camera and am experiencing problems getting my PC to properly install the new hardware. I have installed the software that was bundled with the camera and all appears fine, once I connect the camera via the USB port my PC recognises its presence and starts the hardware installation wizard this scans for the drivers (I guess) which I have also gone back and picked up from Fuji's website.

In every attempt the wizard fails stating:
"Cannot install hardware. An error occurred during the installation of the device. The Data is invalid."

When I check the hardware menu the camera is recognised there but with yellow ?, next to it. It is not recognised via explorer though.

I have found a support feature on the link below which seems to cover the problem in part. However I have never upgraded to XP it came with my laptop and I do not have a backup disk as the operating system was already on the PC.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810882

Along with the camera was a USB memory card reader, with which I am having the same issues, further more I have checked the camera on friends pc with Fuji Finepix installed and its instantly recognised.

I have checked some of the other things that I connect via the USB port (i-pod etc..) and these seem to work fine still.

All assistance greatly appreaciated.

W25.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Have you got all the latest updates from microsoft for your XP OS ??

user.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Have you tried to finding the latest drivers online?

Reaction score
Thanks for the relpies.

Yeah I have all the latest updates for OS and I've gone and fetched the driver direct from the supplier, sadly no dice.

Ask a Question