Hard drive confusion.

Reaction score
I`m not well up on computers and this might be a silly question,but here goes:
I`ve got two hard drives(I think)
One is called SYSTEM (C:) it`s 0f 69.3 GB and there is 5.78 of free space.
The other is:
DATA (D:) and is of 387GB there is 387GB of free space.
How do I get into the larger of the two H/D as the SYSTEM(C:) is filling up.
Many thanks for any replies.
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My Computer >> Data (D) Then create new folders for storage. It would also be a wise idea to transfer some data from C drive to D drive as C drive is almost on it's limit.

If you're not sure how to do that, ask away, letting us know what version of Windows you're using.

Reaction score
My Computer >> Data (D) Then create new folders for storage. It would also be a wise idea to transfer some data from C drive to D drive as C drive is almost on it's limit.

If you're not sure how to do that, ask away, letting us know what version of Windows you're using.
Many thanks for your reply floppybootstomp.
Yes how do I go about transfering data from one H/D to another.
My O.S is "Vista Home Premium"
Again many thanks for your reply.
historian

Reaction score
The eisest way is to copy your "My Documents" to the D drive, click Start > Locate "Documents" on the right of the start menu, right click and choose "Properties", under "Location (Tab) you will see a "Move" button.. Click it and a window will open showing your conmputer on the left and, locate your D drive and in the bar at the top of this screen you will see "New Folder", click this to create a new folder, name it documents... once you have done this, select it and Click "Select Folder" on the botton right..., this will then ask you want to do this, say yes and the move will start it's self, this could take a while depending on how much is moving... Please be assured this will not delete anything it will only move it, and you will still be able ti access your documents, pictures, movies and so on in the normal way...

Hope this helps

Cheers

Blair

Ask a Question