Which hard drive is best for master?

Reaction score
I have two hard drives in my Dell Inspiron, a faster WD Vilosiraptor 10,000 rpm 600 GB, and a larger memory WD Caviare 7,200 rpm 1T... Which hard drive would be best for the master running Windows 7? And what is the best way to set this up?
Both are formatted with Windows 7 Pro but I want to clear one of the two and use it just for storage for a recording program (Presonus Studio One)..... Any and all advice is much appreciated

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No contest - use the Velicoraptor for the Operating System.

Or even better if you can afford to lay out a few bob and if the Dell Inspiron can handle it, use a small SSD hard drive for the operating system and use the 600Gb & 1Tb disks for storage.

Though to be honest the Velicoraptors are very fast, it's likely you won't notice a great deal of difference between SSD and the Western Digital disk in everyday use.

I've used both, using an SSD atm. And just to confuse the issue, a pair of Velicoraptors used in a RAID 0 config in my experience comes very very close to using an SSD.

Reaction score
Okay thanks so much for the help... Now how can I clear my hard drive that came with the PC ( WD Caviare) and use it just for storage... Both are running Windows 7 Pro and the computer automatically boots up with the WD Caviare instead of the Vilosaraptor.

Ask a Question