Halflife 2

Reaction score
I have just got this from the asda say about 30 pounds.

But i hate when i have to go online to play it. There is no warning on the box that you must have the net. just min req: saying internet connection(Does'nt say you must have acces to the net to play it everytime)

my pc slow down cause of this. I have even trying to look for a offline crack for it.

I even own this game aswell.Last time i get a game from valve .

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I have heard of cracked version about, although I cannot condone that.

Steam for HL2 does have an offline mode, in the settings panel, which allows you to play the game without continually connecting and updating itself. Cant remember exactly where the option is but if you look around your STEAM settings you'll find it.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i tryed the offline mode but it wont work, since i saved a profile on my USB drive and then saved it to my computer. hate steam for this. with a vengence...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've mixed feelings about the way Valve/Steam go about things. There is a good feeling of support from them and you always get updates and new maps. They're certainly putting something back into the HL2 community with their profits.

I'd imagine that HL2 has had the lowest incidence of piracy ever because of their stance.

But it did occur to me that if you don't have an Internet connection, it seems you simply cannot play HL2.

I would also imagine this is very much an indication of how PC games will go in the future. There may come a time when all you pay for is a download and no hard copies will be available to buy. Perhaps downloads may take the form of ISO's, who knows?

And yes, there are cracked copies about, but I'm not going there ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
If this games are going to be this way, it may just kill gaming for me.:(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
If this games are going to be this way, it may just kill gaming for me.:(

Quite a few people have said that. It's likely if that were the case, consoles would flourish and hopefully improve in quality.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Quite a few people have said that. It's likely if that were the case, consoles would flourish and hopefully improve in quality.
Used to be a console guy, may just go back:blush:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Finally got offline mode to work:)
Fun game. love it! even though i finished it in about a day and a half.

Ask a Question