Gta!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I still have an original copy of the first GTA, and tried to install it a few months ago.

It installed fine, but I found it played insanely fast (too fast to control). Mind you, when this game first came out, I was running it on a AMD K6 266MHz CPU with 64 Mb of pc100 ram (which was a pretty high spec at the time). Still, great game.

Will probabally download it when i get my broadband in june, as hopefully they've applied a fix to prevent the speed issue on more modern computers.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Cache-man said:
I still have an original copy of the first GTA, and tried to install it a few months ago.

It installed fine, but I found it played insanely fast (too fast to control). Mind you, when this game first came out, I was running it on a AMD K6 266MHz CPU with 64 Mb of pc100 ram (which was a pretty high spec at the time). Still, great game.

Me too, me too :D

Although I think my K6-2 was 350Mhz. And yes, 64Mb of memory, which was HUGE at the time :)

I played that game a lot first time around, loved it.

I never did try GTA2, but bought GTA3, played it about three quarters of the way through, but when I did a fresh install I never bothered loading it again. Main reason was I'd got a little fed up with it, it did get harder and harder the more the game progressed and I didn't like the save system.

So I never have tried Vice City, often wonder what it's like.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Vice City is very cool to play Flops, although too has some very tricky missions.
It does however have a fantastic feeling of nostalgia about it, with very entertaining radio stations playing great tunes, and really great characters to play with. And through the mods found all over the net, you can add almost any car you like into the game. You can get it for a few quid now second hand so well wortth a try (check out ebay or local 2nd user shop).

GTA2 wasnt as good, imo, as the first one although did try to add new features to the game.

Then GTA3 was the first of the 1st person GTA's, opening up a whole new area of gameplay for GTA fans. I liked it, although yes it did get very tricky. I got 100% complete once then never played it again.

GTA:Vice City - the best I've played so far. Completed loads of times, and still play it now. Found it v addictive.

GTA: San Andreas - awaiting PC release (June 10th I believe), and not played console version yet.

Reaction score
just downloaded, installed and played GTA2 brilliant game

old but gold!

i aint played that game for ages and ages!

very impressed by it it brang back so many memories!
many thanks

Ask a Question