Great Band Names

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
murdoch said:
I remember the rock band "Dumpys Rusty Nuts":thumb: from the 1980's
More info at www.dumpysrustynuts.nethttp://www.dumpysrustynuts.net

Well I'll be blowed, now there's a blast from the past :)

In the early eighties I worked loads with Dumpy, he's a, erm, somewhat interesting character :) I was running a rock music disco at the time (see photo gallery).

In fact, his double live album carried the only namecheck I've ever had on an album. In the 'Thank you's' it said 'To Tony & Richard of T. F. Much Disco' cos we actually got the fella loads of bookings.

He really was a lotta fun to go and see :)

If you've got the album, go check it out, I don't actually even have a copy myself, my former partner in the disco kept that when we called it a day :(

Strange names? Ah, I dunno, Zygotti's Psychotic Mynski, or whatever they were called, lol, and I quite like Cradle Of Filth :)

Reaction score
dumpys

floppybootstomp, glad to here that, not got any of their music though, it's the best band name i have ever come across and friends always remember a name like that:D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By itsme

And no doubt mucks will also remember [the wireless days] today it`s called a radio:p :D :thumb:

When i was little and being brainwashed by my dad with the Platters and Elvis it was a Radiogram not a wireless :lol:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well there was a NZ band in the late 90's early 2000's called "The fur patrol" (Female singer) They were actually quite good. Their rather twisted sense of humor shows in their choice of name:rolleyes:

Reaction score
a swedish rap/rock band or something called Quarashi. havent heard the music just thought it sounded cool :D

Reaction score
Rush said:
By itsme

When i was little and being brainwashed by my dad with the Platters and Elvis it was a Radiogram not a wireless
laughingsmiley.gif

One of the Posh crowd Aye:lol: Radiogram`s where for vinyl records! Cor showing my age now:lol:

Reaction score
Blast from the past

floppybootstomp said:
:)
In fact, his double live album carried the only namecheck I've ever had on an album. In the 'Thank you's' it said 'To Tony & Richard of T. F. Much Disco' cos we actually got the fella loads of bookings.
:)
I remember TF Much disco! Saw you a couple of times. Brilliant idea with the coffin. Are you still doing gigs?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My goodness :eek:

I quit in 2001 but recently bought a new sound system and done my twin daughter's 18th birthday party.

Come February next year I may very well be looking for gigs again.

So where did you see us then? :) Hammersmith? Greenwich? Chadwell Heath? Gants Hill? Maidstone? Ilford?

Reaction score
I saw you in Greenwich. I gave up going to too many rock discos about twenty years ago but last year an ex girlfriend I was with at the time wanted me to go to The Railway Tavern in Bromley that has a Saturday rock and blues night. Got rid of of the girlfriend but started going every Saturday now. Doesn't do the bloody tinitus much good though! Don't know if you remember them but the road rats were in there two weeks ago.

Do you still have your coffin gear? I couldn't say for sure but they may be interested in you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As it happens I put in a google search for t f much disco to see if you were still gigging and it came back with this website entry.

Ask a Question