Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Benchmark Reviews have had a preview of the rather odd-looking Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router - here's a snippet:

"Netgear unveiled their newest wireless router on June 25th and they didn’t pull any punches with this product introduction. The Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router (R8000) builds on the latest 5G Wi-Fi XStream technology from Broadcom and captures the crown for fastest consumer Wi-Fi router, if only for a while. On the surface, the most notable improvement is the addition of another 5 GHz 802.11ac band, stepping outside the dual-band architecture that has dominated the marketplace for more than five years.

That one step brings the total Wi-Fi bandwidth for the Nighthawk X6 up to a theoretical maximum of 3.2 Gbps. There are also a number of supporting technologies employed to ensure all that power is used efficiently. The raw performance of the Nighthawk X6 elevates it to the top of the product line, so it’s a given that Netgear includes in this halo product, all of the convenience and performance-enhancing features at their disposal. This is not a full review, but whenever the old paradigm shifts to the left and a new standard is set, Benchmark Reviews wants you to know about it. If it seems like it was just last year that we were writing about AC1750 devices, well it was…. Let’s dig a little deeper into the technology and design elements that sets this new router apart from the pack, and then we’ll talk about whether an AC3200 router upgrade makes sense for home users."

Netgear_Nighthawk_-X6_-AC3200_Tri-Band_WiFi_Router_Tech_Overview_More_WiFi_01.jpg

Looks like it should be on Robot Wars to me... Read more here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Could that look anymore retarded?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It certainly has interesting design features...!! Like I said in the post above, I can't help but think of robot wars :D

Ask a Question