What is your taste in music

Reaction score
:DSitting here going the threads and posts on PC Review site and listening to music made me wonder what others on the site enjoy listening to whilst working on their PC. My favorites are :- Big Band and Swing (listening to Glen Miller while writing this post), Classical, 1950's to 1980's pop/rock, Electronic (Vangelis etc), Bluegrass, Folk, National, World, Rockabilly, Soul and R&B, Brass Band & orchestral, Military Bands and many more genre's. Hate opera, most modern pop, the winy country, most modern electronic, etc. What are loves and hates in music?:D

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
My preferences are mostly indusrial ( Nine Inch Nail ) And hard rock/heavymetal from all years.But I will listen to pretty much anything, except for rap and that sort of music. And I could quite happily sit back and listen to a good bit of classical piano or guitar.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
I don't think you'd care for it bootneck02 but my taste runs along the lines of this.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think you'd care for it bootneck02 but my taste runs along the lines of this.....

Yes you are right Spezi not realy my cup of tea but he has a good voice and would like to hear a more up tempo song of his.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes you are right Spezi not realy my cup of tea but he has a good voice and would like to hear a more up tempo song of his.

Though some might be considered a little more upbeat for the most part his style doesn't change very much.

Ronnie is just embarking on a solo career after several decades of touring as Brooks & Dunn during which time they won too many awards to count as a Country Music duo.

Reaction score
I have just checked my Library I have got 80 albums of Country mainly of musicians from the 50's like Johnny Horton, Carter Family up to I suppose the 90's/early 2000's like Johhny Cash, Waylon Jennings etc and much inbetween the only modern one I have is Josh Turner. Then I have a small collection of Bluegrass 18 albums a lot of that is Charlie Danniels

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Where do I start?

Ok, I know, I'll start with what I don't like:

Trad jazz, like Kenny Ball and those really annoying bands you see at classic car shows and race meetings, I really don't like that stuff.

Opera. I've never understood the appeal of listening to people being tortured. I've tried, I really have, Nessan Dorma I can understand but that's about it.

Probably about 75% of classical music which includes past composer's versions of easy listening being treated as sacred and self-indulgent ramblings on the part of some composers.

However, those composers that hit the spot do so with a vengenance, there has been some seriously good classical stuff laid down in the past.

Other than that I like most stuff, including what some folks regard as rubbish.

I shall compose a small list of me faves but suffice to say I like the Carter Family as well, Hank Williams is a legend and Captain Beefheart & His Magic band is my fave artist of all time.

And that is the miniscule tip of a very large iceberg.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, made a small list off the top of me head, notable more for it's omissions than it's content. I typed this out as I was listening to George Benson on vinyl.

But these are probably me faves if these are what came to mind without looking at music collection.

Captain Beefheart
Neil Young
Van Morrison
Led Zeppelin
Fairport Convention
Steely Dan
James
Vampire Weekend
Metallica
Abba
Pink Floyd
Nick Drake
Hank Williams
Dusty Springfield
Most Tamla Motown
Old Ska, Blue Beat & Reggae
ZZ Top up to Eliminator.
The Rolling Stones up to Some Girls
Deadmau5
Hawkwind
Ozric Tentacles
Stevie Wonder up to Hotter Than July
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Cypress Hill
The Carpenters
Genesis up to Wind & Wuthering
Roxy Music – the first 4 albums only
Chase & Status
Steve Earle
The Doors
JJ Cale
Kate Bush
REM
The Small Faces
Tom Waits
Santana
Smashing Pumpkins

And a million others….

Reaction score
:bow:Well I had not heard of Captain Beefheart so I Googled him Yeess I like his style and sound I would call it Blues, sorry to see that he has passed away, I watched a few tracks on YouTube before replying, most of your list I enjoy. I also am a great fan of the Rat Pack both as individual artists and together I suppose you would call it easy listening. Like you not keen on so called trad jazz but love the New Orleans jazz and a lot of the American stuff between the wars and just after WW2. I also go a lot on Bluegrass and Appellation music real American folk.

Reaction score
Currently listening to Jon & Vangelis.
But will listen to most 70's & 80's music.

Reaction score
Thank you for the link Quad I have just had a look and if you don't mind I will keep as a youtube favorite. Thanks very much.
:D:bow:

Ask a Question