Windows XP Good media player?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
dBPowerAmp will let you rip at 320 kbps, why use anything else for sheer simplicity.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry gents got distracted by the pub!! Now i am a little Intoxicated! So it sounds like WMP or Winamp is the way to go. Would i be able to Change the file type to WMA or MP3 via DBPower Amp Music Converter or would i just have to re-rip them in MP3? Sorry if thats a stupid question, but i aint to good at this! (Yet) I am gonna get an MP3 player (Ipod or Creative Micro/Muvo. Not sure yet! Maybe that coud be a new thread!?) if that makes a difference.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Check out which formats your desired MP3 player supports first, as some only support WMA, some only support MP3, and some will support various multiple formats.
It is best not to convert from one format to the other as each time you do it you will lose quality.
Songs should only be ripped once into your chosen format for the best quality. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
FWIW, use only mp3, recognised by just about everything, and you can choose size/quality.

Creative Zen knocks spots off Ipod.

Ipod not good, just a fashion accessory. And things break on them, if you search around, you'll see many complaints. I believe headphone socket breaking is main complaint.

I really don't understand the attraction, being as it's locked to one file format.

But. Ipod is somehow locked in culture as being a must have. Which just goes to prove mass opinion is total tosh.

I will concede, however, they do sound great.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if it has to be in MP3 i use nero wave editor to convert WMA to WAV then into MP3 using audacity as long as the WMA's arent protected your ok, but in WMP 10 they dont need to be converted as it plays most formats

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just thought i'd let ya all know, i am now free from all things real! Using WMP10 thought i'd give it another go, dont think i really gave it a chance last time! But i am happy now got all my tunes in wma or mp3 and anything new is going on as mp3. So thanks to you all once again!!!

Reaction score
i know this is an old thread but do u know the reason why wma's cant be burned even when they arent protected? ... mine dont atleast

Reaction score
I just saw this thread and I too realise it's an older one, but i just couldn't help jumpin in and rockin the boat by saying something blasphemous - I think the best media player for the PC is '' iTunes''...ok you can shout at me in a minute but the PC version is absolutely superb in terms of the way it manages tracks, playlists etc. I never had a problem with it in different formats and it does benefit from the minimalist mac design quality.

And yes, before anyone asks, I do have an iPod...but i was using iTunes long before i got it. Check out a free download

:thumb:;)

Ask a Question