Good gaming headphones

Reaction score
Looking for some good headphones that don't cost too much. Mainly need them for counter strike as i can't have my speakers very loud. Im looking to spend £30 max, but only if they are really worth it.

Got any ideas?

Thanks

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Reef,

The budget was max £30, you overlooked that ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I use a pair of Sennheisser PX200's with my I-Pod, they're very very good for the price, most people who have a listen to them comment on how good they are.

They're £28.44 from Here

Not sure if they'd be suitable for gaming though as they don't have a microphone.

Reaction score
Nah, im not bothered about a mic. Yeah i looked at the px200's, not sure how well they would sound when playing games, a good review so im tempted.

If anyone knows if they are good for gaming then i will probaly buy them.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah i saw those, you need a 5.1 sound card i think which i dont have, or can i use them with a 2.1 card?. What do you think of the Sennheiser PX200's?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I think my son uses them hooked up to the amp for xbox gaming, he would surely avoid them if they were not good enough for it ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You can use them but obviously you'll only get two channels from them, which as michael118 points out, probably won't sound too clever on a headset designed for 5.1.

Ask a Question