giving up smoking

Reaction score
Down to seven a day now:nod: its hard but IF I do pack it up I swear I will never start again.

So roll on the third feb lets see if I can take those pills....:thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
itsme said:
Down to seven a day now:nod: its hard but IF I do pack it up I swear I will never start again.

So roll on the third feb lets see if I can take those pills....:thumb:

Well done Itsme, that is a great achievement :thumb: You're making good progress and that's the main thing :nod:

Reaction score
Been thinking about stopping.
Had various attempts over the last few years.
I'd start well and then something major would happen at work and with an understaffed IT department my attempt would literally go up in smoke.

Mind you... we've finally just taken on 2 more people to double the size of our IT department so I may have a better chance next time.

Reaction score
Update.

I have started the pills>
Last night I met Margaret thatcher/Winston Churchill/John Wayne/Captain birdseye. then I woke up:D 6 a day now, I am giving up on the 12th:bow:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Keep it going, Viv. :thumb:

Good to have a target date. :nod:

We're all behind you. ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Jolly well done Viv, we are proud of you!! :thumb: Giving up might be tough, but it sounds like you're nights are very interesting, to say the least!! :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Good luck to you matey. I'm on day 14 now.
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for your support guys and gals.:nod:

With this medication you have some side effects mine is dreaming strange dreams:D ,

You have to take the tablets one a day for 3 days then two a day for up to 24weeks,

You have to keep smoking and set a date to stop within 8 to 15 days aftre starting I chose 9 days, the medication sends a message to your brain [ well that will take time with me:lol: ] and honestly I am starting to dislike smoking they recon that one will stop smoking when least expected.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://smokefree.nhs.uk/what-suits-me/patches-gum-and-more/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-509683/Champix-Is-smoking-pill-safe.html

The Mail article I think is well balanced and ends on a positive note and is well worth a read. It highlights the seriousness of the need to be aware of the possible side effects of Champix..

user.gif

Just found this site with some excellent information on Champix. This is one of the sites recommended on the Champix home site. I think their prices are a tad high. ;)

http://www.euroclinix.net/champix.html?a_aid=d95efb30&a_bid=b3297340

user.gif

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yet another incentive to give-up, should one be needed ;) Here

(Can't help wondering if the incident had more to do with vapors from his motorbike's fuel tank though....) :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Yet another incentive to give-up, should one be needed ;) Here

(Can't help wondering if the incident had more to do with vapors from his motorbike's fuel tank though....) :p

That's nothing.

I was living in Sidcup.

I poured boiling water into my Pot Noodle in my exclusively designed modern kitchen as featured in 'Ideal Home & Garden Magazine Vol 22 Issue 2' and it exploded.

I woke up in Stoke Newington which is always a bit of a shock to the senses.

The consultant said to me 'You see, the cancer you have is kind of like an allergic reaction. A steady stream of carcinogenic smoke through your throat will do this to some people, it depends on the way you're built'

Sometimes I want to scream at people.

Just to experience wanting to turn back time should be enough to make you stop smoking.

But some folk, including old folk, think they're indestructible.

A criticism, incidentally, that old folk often level at young folk.

Which, if an old person is a smoker, is most decidedly hypocritical.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The consultant said to me 'You see, the cancer you have is kind of like an allergic reaction. A steady stream of carcinogenic smoke through your throat will do this to some people, it depends on the way you're built'

Sometimes I want to scream at people....

I think your views are totally understandable Flopps :nod: When I was a child, it's a wonder that I didn't end-up kippered! All the people in my family were smokers and in those days, folk didn't concern themselves about "second-hand" smoke.

When I reached the age of 19 or 20, I decided that maybe I should give it a try, so bought a pack. But binned them, minus only two or three cigs. It just wasn't for me. Aside from having a terrible "aim" with a match, or lighter, and feeling decidedly self-conscious and daft, I kept remembering that film.

Do any of you remember the one which used to do-the-rounds of schools back in the 1960s? (Perhaps it still does, or a very similar one, maybe?) It showed the gory details of all that could happen to a smoker, in glowing colour. For me, that was a huge turn-off. So I'm fortunate.

I also genuinely sympathise with all who are trying to kick the habit, and applaud their achievements so far. :bow: :bow:

Reaction score
I'm addicted to NRT, mostly the inhaltor & gum.
It's not as bad as smoking, but it does worry me that i'm back on them.
My GP feels i will wean myself off them over a few months.
My job has been high presure recently hence not being around much.

Ask a Question