Gissa price

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just bought a socket A CPU for £13.00 from PSD99 which was the missing link and cobbled a machine together.

Currently messing about with it on a 17" monitor, Logi wireless media set and some cheapie Altec Lansing Speakers running Win 98 and some old games.

Currently having some fun with Hexen 2 and Quake 1 add-on Scourge of Armagon (which is very hard compared to Quake 1).

But I have no real need of it and figured I may sell it. To somebody a bit short of cash and still using a dinosaur PC, this could be attractive (only the tower unit would be for sale, not the peripherals).

Here's the specs:

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B Socket A Motherboard (on board sound & LAN)
AMD XP3000 2.1Ghz CPU
Gigabyte Rocket CPU cooler
2 x 256Mb Hynix DDR1 Memory (512Mb)
Generic Silver tower case with 2 x 80mm fans at front, 1 x 120mm fan at rear
Antec 500W PSU
ATI X850 AGP Video Card 512Mb memory
160Gb IDE Hard drive
Silver DVDRW
Silver DVD-ROM
Black floppy drive (may substitute this for a silver one)
All internal rounded cables

These are also optional for £20.00:

Two main hard disk caddies, one black, one silver.
Five hard disk caddie disk holders, three silver, two black
2 x 20Gb IDE hard disks

Should the new owner wish to mess about with other OS's such as Linux, being able to swap out five different disks should be an attraction.

I have a figure in mind but I'd apreciate other people's ideas.

FWIW it's a really fast system, a little to my surprise, and works well.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I remember this system in your sig a few years ago mr Flopp's, The DFI lanparty was a quality board and the XP3000 was the second from last chip before AMD went Athlon64 and was a very fast chip aswell in its time..The Antec 500w speaks for itself..

Overall though I would price your system up for around the £80-£125 mark being the top end, without the other bits you have listed..
Dunno what you have in mind but hope I haven't offended you as I know what you paid for those parts when they was new..

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I remember this system in your sig a few years ago mr Flopp's, The DFI lanparty was a quality board and the XP3000 was the second from last chip before AMD went Athlon64 and was a very fast chip aswell in its time..The Antec 500w speaks for itself..

Overall though I would price your system up for around the £80-£125 mark being the top end, without the other bits you have listed..
Dunno what you have in mind but hope I haven't offended you as I know what you paid for those parts when they was new..

No offence cl, none at all.

The price I had in mind was £100.00 so you be spot on.

I think I bought that motherboard in 2003, can't remember for sure.

Computer components become worthless very quickly but I figured these parts together work well still and I'm sure this system could benefit somebody who's still using a Pentium 2 or similar.

Thanks for the feedback, would still welcome POV's from other folk.

Reaction score
I would probably say ~£100 is fair enough, I mean the components themselves are good quality so it isn't going to blow up, which is always nice.

An X850 running Doom 1? Must be getting reasonable fps... ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I tried to sell a flat pack Fijitsu recently an folk were not keen as I was selling it without a os.
Put a copy of Edubuntu on it with tons of linux games and it walked out of the door. New owner was as happy as Larry. An the three kids have not played all the games on it yet. There were a lot of educational games so the parents were happy aswell.

Pop Mint on it and a few extra games and I recon £100 to £125 is a decent price.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Putting Linux on it would probably make it unsellable unless I was lucky enough to find an extremely broke nerd ;)

The software side is, uh, taken care of, so fear not ;)

Thanks all, for comments, apreciated :thumb:

Reaction score
gumtree?

always a good place to sell this kind of stuff

Ask a Question