Game server

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I asked about this at least a year ago but I've decided to go ahead with it, I want to start a Call Of Duty 2 server by hiring some slots. So can anybody recommend a good place to hire from?

I found This place that costs £13.50 for three months for 10 slots if you pay up front which seems reasonable to me.

They have a control panel named 'Clanforge' where it seems I can do all the things I'd want to - add/remove maps, set map time, ability to kick/ban, option to only let players on by password, plus the usual game tweaks.

The reason I want to try this is that there are a lot of really good custom maps and the amount of CoD2 servers available to me that are active has now dwindled to three. And two of those are single map servers, just what is so bloody good about Toujane?

V_R, you know a thing or six about this, perhaps you could offer some suggestions? Ok, I know I've had a pop at EA and all that but hey, it's not personal ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep Multiplay are good, i use them, i have a Mumble server with them at the moment, been with them for a long time, they are very cheap for Voice. Less than 7 quid a year for 12 months. :)

Clanforge is great, very easy to use and simple. I've not used them for a game server but would assume that adding games is fairly simple going by what is said on their site. Back when i ran a couple of CoD4 servers you would have to FTP them to the server and edit the mat rotation and so on. So that looks like its improved a fair bit.

Gaming Deluxe is one i've also used before, also very good, but not sure how they compare on price.

One thing that you will need to make sure of is that you stream to some kind of Anti-Cheat site (Punksbusted, PBBans or GSC) to stop the cheaters. ;)

Dont worry, i didn't take the EA thing personally! :D

Shout if you want help with anything. :thumb:

Reaction score
I might have to pop in, we don't play much any more on the BBF server, and I like to play where there are folks I know. Just hope I don't end up with a 200 ping :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey Zema,

85.236.100.59 - Thats the IP of my Mumble server which is hosted by Multiplay, Ping it to give you an idea of latency. :)

Reaction score
Looks like 176 ping, with 25% packet loss. I'll try it again later, but might still be worth a go, I've been used to playing with a high ping to eastern Canada with lots of lag at times. What kind of ping did you used to have on the BBF servers VR?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't done this thing yet - but I will.

Bear with me, as soon as I've rented server space and figured out how to run things I'll post address here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
@Zema, somewhere in the region of 120-150 i think, been a long time since i played with you guys though...

@Flops, no worries. Hopefully we can get a few on, I aint played CoD2 for a long time. :D

Ask a Question