freezing call of duty

Reaction score
Hi was wandering if any could shed any light on this prob. I have been playing COD online for a month of so with relatively no problems, but recenetly it has started to freeze during gameplay and the I have to force an exit. I have tried reinstalling bnut the problems persists, i have not downloaded any maps.

any suggestions.
ta very much

Reaction score
is this only when playing online?

Check manufacturers website for patches/fixes etc.

Obtain the latest version of DX, Video, Sound drivers etc.

Reaction score
Freezes can be due to overheating, which would be more apparent after a while of playing.

However, seeing as its an online game it could be the line - does your connection drop out every now and again? I get disconnected for a few moments every 20 minutes at the moment due to a line fault, so I haven't played Battlefield 2 in about 3 months. That used to freeze as well, but only for about 20 seconds before it exited the game. If the DSL light on your modem gets blinky every now and again maybe its just that COD2 has difficulty coping with 'semi-disconnections', as it were.

Other than that, yeah - Update Drivers, patches, etc...

Ask a Question