Freeware DVD Player?

Thorkild Dalsgaard

"John Latter" wrote
would like to watch DVD videos on my PC - are
there any freeware DVD players which will let me do so?

I have used
VLC media player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

After installing, rightclick the DVD drive icon and select
Play

But I have only had success with some DVD's,
not all DVD's gives the 'Play' item in the context menu.

Regards
Thorkild Dalsgaard

Bruce the Shark

John said:
I live in the UK and would like to watch DVD videos on my PC - are
there any freeware DVD players which will let me do so?

What version of Windows? (I'm assuming that since you said "PC" that
you mean Windows). Windows 2000 and above already have it built-in;
just hit Windows+R and enter "dvdplay".

scootgirl.com

Bruce the Shark said:
What version of Windows? (I'm assuming that since you said "PC" that
you mean Windows). Windows 2000 and above already have it built-in;
just hit Windows+R and enter "dvdplay".

Windows2000+ DVD players still must have a software region decoder if the
drive doesn't have one built-in.

Karen
http://scootgirl.com/

"To play DVDs, you must have a DVD-ROM drive, and a software or hardware DVD
decoder installed on your computer. If you do not have a compatible DVD
decoder installed, DVD-related commands, options, and controls do not appear
in the Player and you cannot play DVDs. By default, Windows does not include
a DVD decoder. For more information about DVD decoders, see Windows Help."

John Latter

Subject: Re: Freeware DVD Player?
From: "scootgirl.com" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 30/10/2004 17:37 GMT Standard Time

John Latter said:
Hi,

I live in the UK and would like to watch DVD videos on my PC - are
there any freeware DVD players which will let me do so?
[snip]

Media Player Classic:
http://tinyurl.com/24pdk

VLC media player:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Karen
http://scootgirl.com/

Thanks Karen - and everybody else who replied - I've just downloaded Media
Player Classic & will install it a bit later :)

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech