Free TalkTalk Broadband

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive had a letter today from TalkTalk who i already have my Telephone service with offering free Broadband at 8mb with a max 40GB monthly usage, im considering cancelling my AOL and moving over and was wondering if any of you guys use TT or have heard anything about their service. Any info greatly appreciated before i make the move as i have used AOL for my connection now (alrthough not the software) since i very first got the internet, thats about 5 years now i think and have always been very happy with them.

Cheers Lee.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My Dad uses it and he seems happy enough with it (considering it's free, and he's a light user). If you'll be within the 40GB limit then I don't see why not, although I suspect the customer service side of things will be much slower if you have a problem.

Reaction score
Yeah i should easily be within the 40GB I do use the internet an awful lot for surfing and playing online games but i dont actually download much in the way of movies and music, I installed NetMeter just to see how much i am using and after a month my total upload / download is just under 10GB. My bro has just got himself setup with his PC now though so i expect it to increase some but as he is only going to be really using it for online gaming then not that much.

Cheers Lee.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
FSman said:
was wondering if any of you guys use TT or have heard anything about their service.

Yep, I'm on it and it seems fine. It costs, per month, £10.50 line rental, £5.89 for the BB and international calls contract, plus the cost of the calls. However, the international calls contract allows FREE calls to about 36 different countries (useful for me) and you get free local and national calls between 6PM and 7 AM daily and all weekend. :thumb:

The BB is only "free" if you sign up to the international calls contract at £5.89 per month but I reckon if you made no international calls it would still be cheap.

I thought there must be some snag but I can't see one. :)

Reaction score
Ahh yes i see now it says if you switch to the Talk2 Total Call plan which must be the international calls contract, it actually says its free to mobiles in the US and Canada, my parents actually live in spain most of the time but they dont have a landline they use mobiles so if this extended to Spanish mobiles then this contract would be amazing for me!! Ill check it out ASAP :D

Thnx Lee

Ask a Question