Fiber Optic Broadband.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
7 months later after posting here, it looks like an engineer will be out on the 6th February to install my fiber optic broadband. There was an initial delay as the TalkTalk website was showing it was available in my area, when in fact it wasn't. Then the first engineer apointment was put off as they couldn't get one out, then when they could I was away. Lately I have been having issues with speed dropping to 0.27mbps from around 8mbps. And would only be corrected with a long call to 2nd line support and them resseting stuff on their side. If you're wondering why I am staying with TT, well I am kinda stuck with it. I have tried other ISP's, but they all want me to fork out a deposit, claiming the address is black listed. From what I have read on the web its the person that gets credit checked, not the address :(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just wondering if it might help to take a look at THIS - if you've not already done so, that is. Quite a lot of info/links regarding the misconceptions about blacklists, particularly if you scroll down the page. Hope there might be something there to help you, (even if it's too late to alter your current ISP arrangement... might help in the future,) because it sounds pretty frustrating if companies are incorrectly singling you out.

Hope you enjoy the fibre optic BB and all goes well. :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I once lived in a house, I couldn't get credit, I moved up the road to a new house, same UB40 estate even, I got credit ... now I'm paying for the rest of my life. :lol:

we are all on a list somewhere, my fingerprints are on one. :)

Reaction score
Fibre optic and you can only get 8meg?

And yes it is the person. Makes sure they know that and argue the point.
Tell them Legally they have no right to blacklist the address

Reaction score
:confused: Sorry Mr Mucks I seem to be ignorant what is UB40 I have never heard of it, have I been living under a stone or something. I thought UB40 was a name of a band.:confused:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
:confused: Sorry Mr Mucks I seem to be ignorant what is UB40 I have never heard of it, have I been living under a stone or something. I thought UB40 was a name of a band.:confused:

Yes it is a band, but they took the name from the unemployment card/form
Unemployment Benefit form 40 = UB40

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
:bow:Oh thanks for that Evan I realy did not know:blush:

Yeah that's the trouble with this country. Too many ignorant working class gits like you around.
You'll all be sorry if us unemployables ever find enough bus fare to meet up in the town square. :lol:

Reaction score
Yeah that's the trouble with this country. Too many ignorant working class gits like you around.
You'll all be sorry if us unemployables ever find enough bus fare to meet up in the town square. :lol:
Er, Bootnecks an ex Royal Marines Commando!:eek:
He could probably still remember how to break a neck!!:p

Reaction score
:DYes I understand humour hows this, I am an old exRoyal Marine and Fireman an old git and got my pension and retired at 67, dont want to work, wont work, have left the rat race, paid my dues to society and no longer care, so PRRRRRP to all your poor people who want to work :p.

Though seriously though my heart goes out to those who want to work and cannot find a job, those of you who wonder where the next penny is coming from and how pay the rent/mortage and if you have a job tomorrow.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
:DYes I understand humour hows this, I am an old exRoyal Marine and Fireman an old git and got my pension and retired at 67, dont want to work, wont work, have left the rat race, paid my dues to society and no longer care, so PRRRRRP to all your poor people who want to work :p.

Though seriously though my heart goes out to those who want to work and cannot find a job, those of you who wonder where the next penny is coming from and how pay the rent/mortage and if you have a job tomorrow.

Enjoy your retirement mate. After the service you have given the country you deserve it. :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
:DPrefure to cut the throat it does not make that nasty cracking sound;)

Hmmm bit too messy for me.

Now a touch of pressure on that point on the neck and they just slide into unconsciousness within 5 to 6 seconds and a minute later they are sleeping with the angels. :cool:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
JUst had BT Openreach engineer here to do the Fiber Optic setup, took all of an hour to do.
Speed is ok so far. He said it should settle after a few day and get a bit higher..

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice, how far are you from the Cab?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Nice, how far are you from the Cab?

Probably abut 100 meters from the cab. Just ran another test now and its upto 35.91mbps. Engineer siad it was 39mbps at the cab, so I should get around 37mbps. I am happy, its a big jump from 6mbps :D

Ask a Question