Found anything good?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had quite a lucky week, culminating in this :D Just found a twenty pound note this afternoon :eek: No-one was around that could have dropped it and it looked like it had been there for a bit of time - a pigion was pecking round it (thats how I found it).

I think I should buy a lottery ticket!

Have you found anything good? I once found £50 a few years ago, but handed it in as it was in a shop (and not just the middle of nowhere) - bet the receptionist pocketed it though!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I recently found a very posh handbag in Harvey Nicks in Leeds (full of contents) which I immediately handed in with my name and address etc..... I got not so much as a thank you from the owner. I didn't want anything but a thank you would have been nice!!

Gabs xx

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i found a couple of quid stuck in the ticket machine in the station car park last week, obviously they came out with some persuasion

Reaction score
Free £30 book

I got given a free £30 book on wednesday, i emailed the publishers of the book i had used to pass A+ and said how good the book was and they asked as a thank you would i like a free book for the next CompTIA exams i'm doing.:thumb:

Oh and i found this website earlier in the year:thumb: :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beer

A few years ago got asked if i could spend an afternoon tasting some new beer at a local brewery.:eek: Got a nice 2 course meal & then got to taste 10 new beers over the next 2 hours and got paid £20. And to cap it all then got some vouchers to buy 5 free pints in the local pub that night, i got very pi55ed that day all FREE:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
murdoch said:
A few years ago got asked if i could spend an afternoon tasting some new beer at a local brewery.:eek: Got a nice 2 course meal & then got to taste 10 new beers over the next 2 hours and got paid £20. And to cap it all then got some vouchers to buy 5 free pints in the local pub that night, i got very pi55ed that day all FREE:D

What a hard days work ;) I'd pay to do that :D I wonder if the Boddingtons brewery down the road will let me :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
What a hard days work ;) I'd pay to do that :D I wonder if the Boddingtons brewery down the road will let me :)

Ask, they can always say no or go on a brewery trip there normally worth the money and you get cheaper beer:D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Murdoch ..you are nuts m8...:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The only thing I ever found which I could consider valuable and free was back in 1999 - PC Review website :)

For six years it has been the source of knowldege to me - Priceless :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian is Number 1

Rush said:
Murdoch ..you are nuts m8...:D

Do you think that nice Mr Ian will let me keep, i think he is a very nice bloke setting this site up it's like a home from home for me and i promise to be a good murdoch if he does:rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Once went to a large DIY store to buy a Power washer , i could see there was 1 left and made a beeline for it only to be beaten to it by a rather stocky bloke. I was gutted and cursing to myself... when he turned around and moved on i noticed it had been reduced to half its original price..he only worked there and had stuck the reduced to clear sticker on ,needless to say i got a bargain :thumb:

Reaction score
My partner in 1995 that was the best find I ever had:thumb: .

A twenty £ note 2004 and another 2006:thumb:

My mother found a bag of money in 1943, it contained £30.00 she handed it in at the Police station, 7 months later she had a visit off the local bobby, yep he gave her the £30.00 as no one had claimed it.:eek:

Reaction score
Dont take it home

I once found an unexploded bomb on a beach near Rhyl in the 1980's, it was a small long flare dropped by a plane by mistake, asked if once it was safe i could keep it. The bomb squad guys told me what it was for and let me watch with them as they made it safe, they blew it up....................3 foot deep crater appeared out of the sand dust.......very glad i did not just take it home!!!!!

Last edited:

Ask a Question